Mariners vs Reds Prediction - MLB Picks 9/6/23
Cincinnati Reds (72-68) vs Seattle Mariners (77-60)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 6:40 pm (Great American Ball Park)
() () vs Logan Gilbert (12-5) (3.56)
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Reds / Seattle Mariners --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Ohio Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Cincinnati Reds face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at the Great American Ballpark.
Can Mariners Hold Onto Division?
The Mariners are trying to hold onto the division and they have struggled a bit heading into this game. The pitching hasn’t been great the last couple fo games and in this game they are going to need to get the offense going here. The Mariners are averaging 4.78 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.03 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th in the league while the defense is ranked 2nd in the league. On the mound for the Mariners is Logan Gilbert who sits with a 12-5 record and an ERA of 3.56.
Mariners Betting Preview
- The Mariners have lost five of their last six games as road favorites.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last six games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
Reds Trying to Sneak Into Wild Card
The Reds are currently out of a Wild Card spot, and they are going to need to pick up every win they can if they want to make the playoffs. In the first game of this series the Mariners only scored three runs and they are going to need the Reds to step up here. The Reds are averaging 4.72 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th in the league while the pitching is ranked 23rd.
Reds Betting Preview
- The Reds have won each of their last 10 games as underdogs against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Reds have covered the run line each of their last 10 games against AL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Reds have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The Reds have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last eight night games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Reds' last three home games.
Mariners vs Reds Facts
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 28th in the league for home runs allowed this season (196).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 27th in the league for walks allowed this season (525).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.72).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks T2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (560).
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a big game for the teams but only one can pick up a key spot in their playoff standings. The Mariners have a big advantage with the pitching with Logan Gilbert on the mound. Gilbert sits with a 12-5 record and an ERA of 3.56. The Reds bats are going to be ice cold here against Gilbert and that will be the difference as the Mariners are going to get the job done. Back the Mariners on the money line.