Chicago Cubs (74-64) vs San Francisco Giants (70-68)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 2:20 pm (Wrigley Field)
Jordan Wicks (2-0) (1.80) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Chicago Cubs / San Francisco Giants --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants and Chicago Cubs face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Wrigley Field. The Cubs have won the first two games of this series.
Giants Out of Playoff Position
The Giants are out of a playoff position right now, and this is a series they need to have success in. In the first game of this series the Giants offense only scored zero runs and that led to the five run defeat. Heading into Tuesday’s game the Giants offense had scored only one run total over the last three games. The Giants are averaging 4.23 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.3 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 11th in the league.
Giants Betting Preview
- The Giants have lost each of their last six games at Wrigley Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five road games.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six games at Wrigley Field against NL Central opponents that held a winning record.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games against National League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games.
Wicks Has Been Strong
On the mound for the Cubs is Jordan Wicks and he has been really good in his two starts. In his last start against the Reds he he went five innings giving up five hits and one run. The Cubs are averaging 5.05 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game. The offense is ranked 6th in the league while the pitching is ranked 16th. In this game the Cubs need Wicks to be strong here, and really put the pressure on the Giants bats again.
Cubs Betting Preview
- The Cubs have won each of their last seven day games after playing the previous day.
- The Cubs have covered the run line each of their last six day games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Cubs have led after 7 innings in each of their last four home games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Cubs have led after 3 innings in each of their last four home games against National League opponents.
- The Cubs have led after 5 innings in each of their last six home games against NL West opponents.
Giants vs Cubs Facts
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for RBI's this season (681).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks T6th in the league for steals this season (118).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 28th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1313).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T27th in the league for triples this season (11).
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t trust the Giants offense and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. Wicks has given up only two runs this season in his two starts and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Giants are going to score only two or three runs total here and that isn’t going to be enough to get the job done here. The Cubs are going to pick up another key win here. Back the Cubs.