Dodgers vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/6/23
Miami Marlins (70-67) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (84-52)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 6:40 pm (loanDepot park)
Edward Cabrera (5-6) (4.79) vs Lance Lynn (10-10) (5.81)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins +130 / Los Angeles Dodgers -160 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Sun Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Miami Marlins face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Marlins Park. On Tuesday it was the Marlins that were able to secure the 6-3 victory.
Lynn Needs to Bounce Back
On the mound for the Dodgers will be Lance Lynn and he sits with a 10-10 record and an ERA of 5.81. In his last start against the Braves he went 4.1 innings giving up seven hits and seven runs. Lynn had been fine for the Dodgers before that start, and they are going to need him to be better here. The Dodgers are averaging 5.6 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game. The offense is ranked second in the league while the pitching is ranked 15th. Mookie Betts has hit 38 home runs and driven in 99 RBIs.
Dodgers Betting Preview
- The Dodgers have won 10 of their last 11 night games against National League opponents following a road loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in 10 of their last 11 road games following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last four games against National League opponents.
- The Dodgers have led after 3 innings in each of their last four games against the Marlins at LoanDepot Park.
Marlins Found Success against the Nationals
In the last series against the Washington Nationals, the Marlins were able to secure the series sweep. Heading into Tuesday’s game the Marlins had scored 17 points over the previous two games. The Marlins are averaging 4.08 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.41 runs per game. The offense is ranked 25th in the league while the pitching is ranked 17th. Jorge Soler has hit 35 home runs and driven in 71 RBis.
Marlins Betting Preview
- The Marlins have lost seven of their last eight games against NL West opponents following a win.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight night games against National League opponents following a home win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last three games as home underdogs against NL West opponents.
Dodgers vs Marlins Facts
- The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for RBI's this season (536).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 26th in the league for steals this season (69).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (741).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for slugging percentage this season (.457).
Shane’s Free Pick
Lynn struggled in his last start and he’s going to struggle again in this game. The Marlins bats have some confidence heading into this game and they are going to have no issue getting to Lynn here early. The Marlins might not be a very popular pick in this game, but they are going to get the job done here. Back the Marlins on the money line to cash here.