Cardinals vs Braves Prediction - MLB Picks 9/6/23
Atlanta Braves (90-46) vs St. Louis Cardinals (59-78)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:20 pm (Truist Park)
Spencer Strider (16-4) (3.56) vs Dakota Hudson (5-1) (4.02)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves -270 / St. Louis Cardinals +238 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports MIdwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The St. Louis Cardinals and Atlanta Braves face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at SunTrust Park. In the first game of this series the Cardinals secured the 10-6 victory.
Cardinals Bats are Hot
The Cardinals haven’t found a whole lot of success this season, but they are coming off a big victory on Tuesday. The Cardinals bats scored 10 runs on the way to the four run victory. Nolan Gorman had a strong game finishing with two hits, two runs, and three RBIs. He hit two home runs. The Cardinals are averaging 4.53 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.06 runs per game. The offense is ranked 16th while the pitching is ranked 24th. On the mound for the Cardinals is Dakota Hudson who sits with a 5-1 record and an ERA of 4.02.
Cardinals Betting Preview
- The underdogs have won five of the Cardinals' last six games.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 games as underdogs following a road win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last three games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Cardinals have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against National League opponents.
Can Strider Bounce Back?
On the mound for the Braves will be Spencer Strider and he sits with a 16-4 record and an ERA of 3.54. In his last start against the Dodgers he went six innings giving up four hits and four runs. In the three starts before that he gave up only one run total. The Braves are averaging 5.8 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.08 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st in the league while the pitching is ranked 8th. If Strider has a good start here, the Braves are going to be in good shape.
Braves Betting Preview
- The Braves have won 18 of their last 19 games against NL Central opponents following a home loss.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line in six of their last seven games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last six games as home favorites against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last three games as home favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Braves have won the first inning in each of their last three games against the Cardinals.
Cardinals vs Braves Facts
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for home runs this season (263).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (768).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 29th in the league for hits allowed this season (1318).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 28th in the league for strikeouts this season (1051).
Shane’s Free Pick
Strider gave up four runs in his last start, but he was so dominant heading into that game and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Cardinals bats are coming off a game where they found success scoring, but they are going to have some major issues getting the offense going here. The Cardinals are going to finish with only a run or two total, and the Braves will get the job done. Back the Braves on the run line.