Orioles vs Angels Prediction - MLB Picks 9/5/23
Los Angeles Angels (64-73) vs Baltimore Orioles (85-51)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 9:38 pm (Angel Stadium of Anaheim)
Reid Detmers (3-10) (5.01) vs Dean Kremer (12-5) (4.20)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Angels +138 / Baltimore Orioles -150 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MASN 2 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Orioles and Los Angeles Angels face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Angel Stadium. In the first game of this series it was the Orioles that were able to secure the 6-3 victory.
Kremer has Been Pitching Well
On the mound for the Orioles will be Dean Kremer and he has been dominant his last couple of starts. Over his last two starts he has gone 12 innings and given up only one run total. Overall he sits with a 12-5 record and an ERA of 4.20. In the first game of this series the Orioles scored six runs and that was enough for the three run victory. The Orioles are averaging 5.00 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 77th in the league while the pitching is ranked 8th.
Orioles Betting Preview
- The Orioles have won each of their last seven road games against AL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games against the Angels at Angel Stadium of Anaheim following a win.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games against AL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three Tuesday night games as favorites.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four night games against opponents that held a losing record.
Will Reid Detmers be Good?
On the mound for the Angels will be Reid Detmers and he sits with a 3-10 record and an ERA of 5.01. In his last start against the Phillies he went four innings giving up four hits and two runs. In the first game of this series the Angels offense only scored three runs and that led to the three run defeat. The Angels are averaging 4.71 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.15 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th in the league while the pitching is ranked 25th in the league.
Angels Betting Preview
- The Angels have lost 12 of their last 13 night games against American League opponents.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine night games against the Orioles at Angel Stadium of Anaheim following a home loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last three games as underdogs.
- The Angels have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven games.
- The Angels have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five games at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.
Orioles vs Angels Facts
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 28th in the league for walks allowed this season (534).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 25th in the league for doubles this season (218).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks T7th in the league for triples this season (23).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 7th in the league for RBI's this season (666).
Shane’s Free Pick
I really don’t trust Detmers and he’s going to struggle again here. Kremer gave up only one run in his last start and he’s going to really lockdown the Angels here. The Angels only scored three runs in the first game and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here against Kremer. Back the Orioles on the money line to cash.