Chicago Cubs (73-64) vs San Francisco Giants (70-67)
Game Info: Monday, September 4, 2023 at 2:20 pm (Wrigley Field)
Justin Steele (15-3) (3.06) vs Logan Webb (9-11) (3.64)
Betting Odds: Chicago Cubs -135 / San Francisco Giants +124 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants and Chicago Cubs face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Wrigley Field.
Cubs Bats Have Confidence
The Cubs bats have a ton of confidence heading into this game and on Sunday they scored 15 runs. Ian Happ was the top player for the Cubs finishing with three hits, one run, and four RBIs. The Cubs overall are averaging 5.05 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.41 runs. The offense is ranked 5th while the itching is ranked 17th. On the mound for the Cubs will be Justin Steele who sits with a 15-3 record and an ERA of 2.69. In his last start against the Brewers he went six innings giving up six hits and zero runs.
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have lost each of their last 10 games at Wrigley Field against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Cubs have failed to cover the run line each of their last seven home games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Cubs have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four Monday games as home favorites.
- The Cubs have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Cubs have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven Monday day games against opponents that held a winning record.
Giants Slumping A Bit
The Giants are slumping a bit heading into this game, and on Sunday the offense couldn’t find any sort of success against the San Diego Padres. The Giants find themselves all of a sudden really battling after it looked like they were a lock for the playoffs early in the season. The Giants are averaging 4.25 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.3 runs per game. The offense is ranked 22nd in the league while the pitching is ranked 11th. On the mound for the Giants will be Logan Webb who sits with a 9-11 record and an ERA of 3.49.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost eight of their last nine games at Wrigley Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Giants have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against NL Central opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three games against National League opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first inning in each of their last three games.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games at Wrigley Field against NL Central opponents that held a winning record.
Cubs vs Giants Facts
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for RBI's this season (665).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for steals this season (118).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 27th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1292).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T26th in the league for triples this season (11).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a pitchers duel. Steele has been good this season and in his last start he gave up zero runs. Webb has been a bit inconsistent this season, but he is going to do enough in this game to slow down the Cubs. This is going to be a game where the Giants struggle to get even two runs, and the under is going to cash.