Blue Jays vs Athletics Prediction - MLB Picks 9/4/23
Oakland Athletics (42-95) vs Toronto Blue Jays (75-62)
Game Info: Monday, September 4, 2023 at 4:07 pm (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
Ken Waldichuk (2-7) (5.92) vs Jose Berrios (9-10) (3.70)
Betting Odds: Oakland Athletics +165 / Toronto Blue Jays -180 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SportsNet Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Toronto Blue Jays and Oakland Athletics face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at the Oakland Coliseum.
Athletics Heating Up?
The Oakland Athletics haven’t had many winning streaks, but they are coming off a series sweep against the Los Angeles Angels. On Sunday the Angels scored 10 runs, and in two of the games they scored at least nine runs. On Sunday they were led by Seth Brown who finished with one home run and two runs driven in. The Athletics are averaging 3.63 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.84 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching is ranked 29th. On the mound for the A’s will be Ken Waldichuk who sits with a 2-7 record and an ERA of 5.92.
A's Betting Trends
- The Athletics have won four of their last five games as home underdogs.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in each of their last five games.
- The Athletics have led after 7 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three games between the Blue Jays and Athletics.
What Jose Berrios will show up?
On the mound for the Blue Jays will be Jose Berrios who sits with a 9-10 record and an ERA of 3.70. Berrios at times this season has looked good, but over his last two starts he has given up 10 runs total. If the Blue Jays want to find success here, they are going to need Berrios to be good here. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.58 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 14th best in the league while the pitching is ranked 5th.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost six of their last seven games as favorites against American League opponents following a win.
- The Blue Jays have covered the run line in 13 of their last 14 day games against the Athletics following a win.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last five games as road favorites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last three games as road favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 3 innings in 11 of their last 15 games as road favorites against AL West opponents.
A's vs Blue Jays Facts
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for RBI's this season (485).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.224).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 4th in the league for hits this season (1229).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 4th in the league for batting average this season (.261).
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t trust Jose Berrios and the A’s actually have some confidence in this game with their bats. Look for the Athletics to run up the score here, and they are going to finish with at least seven or eight runs. The Blue Jays are also going to have no issue getting to Walkichuk here, and the over is going to cash.