Astros vs Rangers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/4/23
Texas Rangers (76-60) vs Houston Astros (77-60)
Game Info: Monday, September 4, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Globe Life Field)
Andrew Heaney (9-6) (4.16) vs J.P. France (10-5) (3.49)
Betting Odds: Texas Rangers -109 / Houston Astros -101 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Houston Astros and Texas Rangers face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Globe Life Field.
Rangers Finally Win A game
The Rangers have had their issues the last couple of weeks but they finally picked up another win on Sunday. The Rangers scored six runs including a walk-off home run by Jose Aldolis in the bottom of the 9th. Even though they won the pitching still wasn’t great giving up five runs, and the pitching is going to need to be better here. On the mound for the Rangers will be Andrew Heaney who sits with a 9-6 record and an ERA of 4.16. In his last start against the Mets he went five innings giving up five hits and zero runs. The Rangers are averaging 5.53 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.29 runs per game.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have lost each of their last six games against the Astros following a win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last five Monday day games against American League opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five Monday day home games.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites against American League opponents.
J.P. France Looks for Another Strong Start
On the mound for the Astros will be J.P. France and he comes into this game sitting with a 10-5 record and an ERA of 3.49. In his last start against the Red Sox he went 5.2 innings giving up five hits and two runs. The Astros are averaging 5.03 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.29 runs per game. The offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 10th best in baseball.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have won each of their last seven games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as road underdogs following a loss.
- The Astros have won the first inning in three of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Astros have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Astros' last seven games as underdogs against American League opponents.
Rangers vs Astros Facts
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.267).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (752).
- The Houston Astros ranks 5th in the league for hits this season (1215).
- The Houston Astros ranks 5th in the league for RBI's this season (668).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Rangers picked up a win on Sunday and they are going to pick up another one here. Heaney in his last start gave up zero runs in five innings and he’s going to lockdown again here. Two games ago France really struggled and the Rangers are going to continue their hot bats here. Look for the Rangers offense to be the difference as Texas will get the job done here.