Orioles vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 9/2/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (70-65) vs Baltimore Orioles (83-51)
Game Info: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Chase Field)
Slade Cecconi (0-0) (2.57) vs Kyle Bradish (9-6) (3.03)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks +124 / Baltimore Orioles -148 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Orioles will play the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 2 of their series on Saturday night at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona. Arizona won Game 1 in this series by a score of 4-2 on Friday night and they are tied for the last Wild Card spot in the NL. Baltimore is currently leading the AL East, but their lead over the Rays is a slim one.
The Baltimore Orioles are 83-51 this season and they have lost three of their last five games. Prior to this series, Baltimore won two out of three games against the White Sox and two out of three games against the Rockies. The Orioles have scored 5+ runs in seven of their last nine games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.04 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average this year. The Orioles offense has scored 665 runs with a .255 batting average and a .320 on base percentage. Anthony Santander is batting .258 with 26 home runs and 79 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Kyle Bradish, who is 9-6 with a 3.03 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP over 133.2 innings pitched this season.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are 70-65 this season and they have lost three of their last four games. Prior to winning the first game in this series, Arizona lost all three of their games against the Dodgers. The Diamondbacks were outscored by a total of 23-5 in that series with LA. The Arizona pitching staff has a 4.61 ERA, a 1.34 WHIP, and a .254 opponent batting average. The Diamondbacks offense has scored 631 runs with a .254 batting average and a .324 on base percentage this season. Corbin Carroll is batting .281 with 23 home runs and 65 RBI’s for the Diamondbacks. The projected starting pitcher for Arizona is Slade Cecconi, who is 0-0 with a 2.57 ERA and a 0.90 WHIP over 21 innings pitched this year.
Arizona Diamondbacks Team Facts
- The home team has won nine of the Diamondbacks' last 10 games.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games as home underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 5 innings in each of their last four games at Chase Field.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six Saturday games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have lost each of their last six night games against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Orioles have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against National League opponents.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last six games as favorites.
- The Orioles have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six games against National League opponents.
- The Orioles have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against National League opponents.
Arizona Diamondbacks Player Prop Facts
- Christian Walker ranks 9th amongst qualified players for Slugging Percentage (.524) this season.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (1049).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 23rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1117).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks T7th in the league for triples this season (23).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 7th in the league for RBI's this season (645).
Arizona was able to get the huge win on Friday night and they are now tied with the Giants for the last NL Wild Card spot. The Diamondbacks are 36-32 at home, while Baltimore is 41-25 on the road. The Orioles have done a good job of holding the Rays off in the AL East, but they are only up 1.5 games currently. Arizona is starting Slade Cecconi, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in three straight starts. The Orioles are starting Kyle Bradish, who has allowed four earned runs over his last four starts (22.2 IP). Both starting pitchers have been solid and I like the under in this game.