San Diego Padres (63-73) vs San Francisco Giants (70-65)
Game Info: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:40 pm (Petco Park)
Blake Snell (11-9) (2.60) vs Kyle Harrison (1-0) (1.86)
Betting Odds: San Diego Padres -166 / San Francisco Giants +140 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants will play the San Diego Padres in Game 3 of their series on Saturday night at Petco Park in San Diego, California. San Francisco won Game 1 in this series by a score of 7-2 on Thursday, while San Diego won the second game in this series by a score of 7-3 on Friday night.
The San Francisco Giants are 70-65 this season and they have won four of their last six games. Prior to this series, San Francisco won two out of three games at home against the Reds. The Giants are fighting in the NL Wild Card race and are currently tied for the last Wild Card berth with Arizona. The San Francisco pitching staff has a 3.95 ERA, a 1.25 WHIP, and a .252 opponent batting average this year. The Giants offense has scored 583 runs with a .239 batting average and a .314 on base percentage. LaMonte Wade is batting .250 with 13 home runs and 36 RBI’s for the Giants. The projected starting pitcher for San Francisco is Kyle Harrison, who is 1-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP over 9.2 innings pitched this season.
The San Diego Padres are 63-73 this season and they have lost six of their last eight games. San Diego got the win in Game 2, but they are coming off of series losses to the Cardinals and Brewers and are fourth in the NL West. The San Diego pitching staff has a 3.84 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .239 opponent batting average. The Padres offense has scored 611 runs with a .240 batting average and a .326 on base percentage this season. Juan Soto is batting .261 with 26 home runs and 81 RBI’s for the Padres. The projected starting pitcher for San Diego is Blake Snell, who is 11-9 with a 2.60 ERA and a 1.26 WHIP over 149 innings pitched this year.
San Diego Padres Team Facts
- The Padres have lost each of their last six games as favorites against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Padres have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Padres have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Padres have trailed after 3 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites against NL West opponents.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have won nine of their last 11 games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in 13 of their last 14 night games against NL West opponents following a road loss.
- The Giants have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs.
- The Giants have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
San Diego Padres Player Prop Facts
- Blake Snell ranks 4th in the league for total Strikeouts (193) this season.
- The San Diego Padres ranks T5th in the league for ERA this season (3.84).
- The San Diego Padres ranks T6th in the league for runs allowed this season (558).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 27th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1271).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T26th in the league for triples this season (11).
The Padres were able to get the win on Friday night, but they have been very disappointing this season. San Francisco is right in the middle of the NL Wild Card race, but can’t afford to drop too many games against bad teams. The Giants are starting Kyle Harrison, who has allowed two earned runs in 9.1 innings of work. The Padres are starting Blake Snell, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in 16 of his last 18 starts. Snell has been dominant this season, so I am going to take the Padres to win by at least two runs in this matchup.