Braves vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/2/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (83-51) vs Atlanta Braves (89-45)
Game Info: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 9:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Emmet Sheehan (3-1) (5.63) vs Bryce Elder (11-4) (3.50)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -115 / Atlanta Braves -102 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves will play the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 3 of their series on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. The Braves have won the first two games in this series by scores of 8-7 and 6-3. These are two of the top teams in baseball, but the Braves offense has dominated the series so far.
The Atlanta Braves are 89-45 this season and they have won five games in a row. Atlanta came into this series with plenty of momentum after sweeping the Rockies and out scoring them by a total of 24-8 in their last series. The Braves have scored 6+ runs in five of their last seven games. The Atlanta pitching staff has a 3.81 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .239 opponent batting average this year. The Braves offense has scored 784 runs with a .276 batting average and a .345 on base percentage. Ronald Acuna is batting .338 with 31 home runs and 84 RBI’s for the Braves. The projected starting pitcher for Atlanta is Bryce Elder, who is 11-4 with a 3.50 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP over 149.1 innings pitched this season.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 83-51 this season and they have won seven of their last ten games. Prior to this series, Los Angeles won all three of their games against the Diamondbacks and out scored them by a total of 23-5 in the series. The Dodgers have scored 7+ runs in six of their last eight games. The Los Angeles pitching staff has a 4.18 ERA, a 1.23 WHIP, and a .241 opponent batting average. The Dodgers offense has scored 757 runs with a .256 batting average and a .340 on base percentage this season. Mookie Betts is batting .315 with 38 home runs and 98 RBI’s for the Dodgers. The projected starting pitcher for Los Angeles is Emmet Sheehan, who is 3-1 with a 5.63 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP over 38.1 innings pitched this year.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won four of their last five games as underdogs against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in six of their last seven games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
Atlanta Braves Team Facts
- The Braves have won each of their last nine night games against NL West opponents following a win.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line in six of their last seven games at Dodger Stadium following a road win.
- The Braves have led after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The Braves have led after 7 innings in each of their last eight night games.
Los Angeles Dodgers Player Prop Facts
- Mookie Betts has hit at least one home run in three of the Dodgers' last four games as underdogs.
- Mookie Betts has recorded at least one RBI in five of the Dodgers' last six home games against NL East opponents.
- Mookie Betts has scored at least one run in seven of the Dodgers' last eight games as underdogs.
- James Outman has recorded at least one hit in each of the Dodgers' last six games.
- James Outman has recorded at least one total base in each of the Dodgers' last six games.
- Mookie Betts ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for Slugging Percentage (.619) this season.
Atlanta Braves Player Prop Facts
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has hit a home run in each of his last three appearances against the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.
- Marcell Ozuna has recorded at least one RBI in five of the Braves' last six games against NL West opponents.
- Austin Riley has recorded two or more total bases in eight of his last nine appearances against the Dodgers after playing the previous day.
- Ozzie Albies has scored a run in each of his last 11 appearances against NL opponents that held a winning record.
- Marcell Ozuna has recorded at least one hit in each of the Braves' last 19 road games.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. ranks 1st amongst qualified players for On Base Percentage (.420) this season.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for home runs this season (213).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (734).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for home runs this season (256).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (757).
Both of these teams have had really good seasons, but the Braves have won the first two games in this series. These two teams are first and second in runs scored this season, which makes these lineups a nightmare to deal with for a pitcher. Atlanta is starting Bryce Elder, who has allowed 4+ runs in three of his last five starts. LA is starting Emmet Sheehan, who has allowed 10 earned runs in his last 12.2 innings of work. I think we are going to see a higher scoring game here, but I like the Dodgers to finally get a win in the series.