White Sox vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 8/30/23
Baltimore Orioles (83-49) vs Chicago White Sox (52-81)
Game Info: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 1:05 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Kyle Gibson (13-7) (4.89) vs Dylan Cease (5-7) (4.81)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -148 / Chicago White Sox +124 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 3 of their series on Wednesday afternoon at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore has won the first two games in this series by scores of 9-0 and 9-3 and they are 42-25 at home, while Chicago is only 24-44 on the road.
White Sox Preview
The Chicago White Sox are 52-81 this season and they have lost four of their last six games. Prior to losing the first two games in this series, Chicago split a four game series with Oakland at home. The White Sox have allowed 6+ runs in six of their last nine games. The Chicago pitching staff has a 4.87 ERA, a 1.41 WHIP, and a .247 opponent batting average this season. The White Sox offense has scored 548 runs with a .240 batting average and a .295 on base percentage. Andrew Benintendi is batting .272 with five home runs and 38 RBI’s for the White Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Chicago is Dylan Cease, who is 5-7 with a 4.81 ERA and a 1.46 WHIP over 142.1 innings pitched this year.
The Baltimore Orioles are 83-49 this season and they have won six of their last seven games. Baltimore has played very well recently, winning three straight series against Colorado, Toronto, and Oakland. The Orioles offense has been rolling lately, scoring 18 runs in their last two games and 5+ runs in nine of their last eleven games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 3.99 ERA, a 1.25 WHIP, and a .243 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 658 runs with a .255 batting average and a .320 on base percentage this year. Anthony Santander is batting .258 with 25 home runs and 77 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Kyle Gibson, who is 13-7 with a 4.89 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP over 158.1 innings pitched this season.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last seven games against AL Central opponents following a win.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last eight games against American League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four home games against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last four home games.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have lost each of their last eight games against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The White Sox have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five road games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last 14 games against AL East opponents.
Baltimore Orioles Player Prop Facts
- Anthony Santander has hit at least one home run in three of the Orioles' last four home games against AL opponents.
- Anthony Santander has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Orioles' last four games against AL Central opponents.
- Kyle Gibson has recorded six or more strikeouts in three of his last four appearances against opponents that held a losing record.
- Gunnar Henderson has scored at least one run in each of the Orioles' last six games as favorites against AL opponents.
- Cedric Mullins has recorded at least one total base in 16 of his 17 previous appearances against the White Sox after playing the previous day.
- Ryan Mountcastle has recorded at least one hit in 23 of his last 24 appearances against opponents that held a losing record.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Luis Robert has hit at least one home run in only three of the White Sox's last four day games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Tim Anderson has recorded an RBI in three of his last four appearances in day games against teams that held a winning record.
- Tim Anderson has recorded two hits in six of his last seven appearances in day games.
- Tim Anderson has scored at least one run in each of his last eight Wednesday day appearances against AL teams that held a winning record.
- Luis Robert has recorded two or more total bases in each of the White Sox's last four games as road underdogs against AL opponents.
- Luis Robert ranks 7th in the league in Home Runs (34) this season.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks T7th in the league for triples this season (23).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for runs scored this season (658).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (541).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks T3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1232).
The Orioles have dominated the first two games in this series and have been very good at home all season long. On the other side, Chicago has played poorly on the road this year and their pitching staff has been a disaster. The White Sox are starting Dylan Cease, who has allowed 14 earned runs in his last two starts (9 IP). The Orioles are starting Kyle Gibson, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in five of his last seven starts. Gibson has had some issues over the last couple of months, but he should have a solid day against this White Sox offense. I like Baltimore to win by at least two runs.