White Sox vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 8/29/23
Baltimore Orioles (82-49) vs Chicago White Sox (52-80)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Dean Kremer (12-5) (4.31) vs Jesse Scholtens (1-6) (4.15)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -175 / Chicago White Sox +145 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their series on Tuesday night at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. The Orioles won the first game in this series by a score of 9-0 on Monday night. Baltimore has been red hot recently and they continue to lead the AL East.
White Sox Preview
The Chicago White Sox are 52-80 this season and they have lost eight of their last twelve games. Prior to getting smoked in Game 1, Chicago split a four game series with the Athletics at home. The White Sox have had a terrible season and their pitching staff has allowed a ton of runs. The Chicago pitching staff has a 4.83 ERA, a 1.41 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average this season. The White Sox offense has scored 545 runs with a .240 batting average and a .295 on base percentage. Luis Robert is batting .268 with 34 home runs and 69 RBI’s for the White Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Chicago is Jesse Scholtens, who is 1-6 with a 4.15 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP over 65 innings pitched this year.
The Baltimore Orioles are 82-49 this season and they have won eight of their last ten games. Prior to this series, Baltimore won two out of three games at home against the Rockies. The Orioles have scored 5+ runs in five of their last six games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.00 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .243 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 649 runs with a .254 batting average and a .319 on base percentage this year. Gunnar Henderson is batting .251 with 22 home runs and 65 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Dean Kremer, who is 12-5 with a 4.31 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP over 144 innings pitched this season.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won eight of their last nine games against American League opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in nine of the Orioles' last 10 games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last three home games.
- The Orioles have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have lost each of their last seven games against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The White Sox have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four road games.
- The White Sox have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four road games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last 13 games against AL East opponents.
Baltimore Orioles Player Prop Facts
- Anthony Santander has hit at least one home run in each of the Orioles' last three home games against AL opponents.
- Ryan Mountcastle has recorded at least one RBI in seven of the Orioles' last eight games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Adley Rutschman has scored at least one run in nine of the Orioles' last 10 games as favorites against AL opponents.
- Dean Kremer has recorded five or more strikeouts in each of his last seven home appearances against AL opponents.
- Cedric Mullins has recorded at least one hit in each of the Orioles' last 15 games against the White Sox.
- Cedric Mullins has recorded at least one total base in each of the Orioles' last 15 games against the White Sox.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Luis Robert has hit at least one home run in four of the White Sox's last nine games against AL East opponents.
- Yoan Moncada has recorded at least one RBI in three of the White Sox's last four games.
- Luis Robert has scored a run in four of his last five road appearances after playing the previous day.
- Luis Robert has recorded three or more total bases in each of the White Sox's last three games as road underdogs against AL opponents.
- Luis Robert has recorded at least one hit in each of the White Sox's last five games against AL East opponents.
- Luis Robert ranks 7th in the league in Home Runs (34) this season.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for runs scored this season (649).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for RBI's this season (629).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (538).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1230).
Chicago comes into this game fourth in the AL Central and they are 17 games behind the Twins, which is not good in the worst division in the MLB. Baltimore is one of the best teams in baseball and they are currently holding off the Rays in the AL East. The Orioles are starting Dean Kremer, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in six consecutive starts. The White Sox are starting Jesse Scholtens, who has allowed five earned runs in each of his last two starts. Scholtens has not been good recently, while Kremer has been solid for Baltimore all year. Take the Orioles -1.5 here.