New York Mets (60-71) vs Texas Rangers (73-57)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Citi Field)
Jose Quintana (1-5) (3.73) vs Andrew Heaney (9-6) (4.34)
Betting Odds: New York Mets +106 / Texas Rangers -125 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SNY Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers and New York Mets face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Citi Field in New York City. On Monday it was the Rangers that secured the 4-3 victory.
Rangers Finally Bounce Back
The Rangers lost three of four games over the weekend against the Minnesota Twins, but on Monday they were able to secure the victory. Jon Gray had a strong start going six innings while giving up three runs. Nathaniel Lowe had a strong game finishing with two hits and two RBIs. The Rangers are averaging 5.58 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.26 runs per game. The offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 9th. On the mound for the Rangers will be Andrew Heaney who sits with a 9-6 record and an ERA of 4.34.
Rangers Betting Preview
- The Rangers have lost five of their last six games as favorites following a road win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as favorites against National League opponents following a road win.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Rangers have trailed after 3 innings in seven of their last nine games as road favorites against NL East opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
All the Mets Do is Lose
This Mets team has been awful and they come into this game with a 60-72 record overall. It looked like they might pick up a win on Monday, but they gave up three runs over the last two innings and that was enough for the victory. The Mets are averaging 4.36 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.66 runs per game. The offense is ranked 20th in the league and in this game they need to try and find more run support. On the mound for the Mets will be Jose Quintana who sits with a 1-5 record and an ERA of 3.73.
Mets Betting Preview
- The Mets have lost each of their last 11 games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Mets have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as underdogs against American League opponents following a loss.
- The Mets have won the first inning in each of their last three Tuesday night games as home underdogs.
- The Mets have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against the Rangers.
Rangers and Mets Facts
- The New York Mets ranks 26th in the league for walks allowed this season (491).
- The New York Mets ranks 25th in the league for batting average this season (.236).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for doubles this season (282).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.269).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. I don’t trust the Mets offense and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here against Heaney. Quintana doesn’t have the best record, but his ERA isn’t terrible and he’s going to slow down the Rangers here. Back the under to cash here with ease.