Chicago Cubs (69-61) vs Milwaukee Brewers (73-57)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 8:05 pm (Wrigley Field)
Justin Steele (14-3) (3.20) vs Corbin Burnes (9-6) (3.65)
Betting Odds: Chicago Cubs -141 / Milwaukee Brewers +119 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Wrigley Field. On Monday it was the Brewers that were able to secure the 6-2 victory.
Brewers Take Step Closer to Winning NL Central
The Milwaukee Brewers took another step closer to winning the NL Central with their victory on Monday. The Brewers scored four runs in the first inning and they never let the Cubs back into the game on the way to the victory. The Brewers are averaging 4.43 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 18th in the league while the pitching is ranked 9th. On the mound for the Brewers is Corbin Burnes who sits with a 9-6 record and an ERA of 3.65.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The Brewers have won each of their last six games as underdogs.
- The Brewers have covered the run line in each of their last seven games as underdogs.
- The Brewers have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against NL Central opponents.
- The Brewers have led after 5 innings in each of their last three games as road underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last three games as underdogs.
Cubs Need Justin Steele to be Good
The Cubs are going to need Justin Steele to be lights out here. Steele comes into this game with a 14-3 record and an ERA of 2.80. Over Steele’s last three starts he has given up seven runs total. The Cubs are averaging 5.07 runs while thier pitching is giving up 4.45 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the pitching is ranked 17th. Cody Bellinger has hit 20 home runs and driven in 75 RBIs.
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won each of their last six home games following a home loss.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in seven of the last eight games between the Brewers and Cubs.
- The Cubs have lost the first inning in three of their last four games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Cubs have trailed after 3 innings in six of their last nine games as home favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cubs' last 10 games as favorites against National League opponents.
Brewers vs Cubs Facts
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for RBI's this season (637).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 6th in the league for steals this season (112).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 28th in the league for hits this season (1025).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 3rd in the league for walks this season (470).
Shane’s Free Pick
There were eight runs scored on Monday, and this game will be lower scoring than that. Steele has been good this season and Burnes sits with an ERA of 3.65. The Cubs offense especially is going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here, and that is going to be the difference here as this game is going to stay under the total. Back the under to cash here.