Astros vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 8/29/23
Boston Red Sox (69-62) vs Houston Astros (74-58)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Brayan Bello (10-7) (3.56) vs J.P. France (9-5) (3.51)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox -120 / Houston Astros +102 --- Over/Under: 10 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NESN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Fenway Park. On Monday it was the Astros that were able to secure the 13-5 victory.
J.P. France Needs to Bounce Back
J.P. France is on the mound for the Astros and he’s coming off a terrible start in his last game. France’s last start came against the Boston Red Sox and he went 2.1 innings giving up 11 hits and 10 runs. The previous three starts were down, and France is going to need to be a whole lot better here. The Astros are averaging 4.98 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.31 runs per game. The offense is ranked 7th in the league while the pitching is ranked 12th. In this game the Astros offense needs to try and give France some run support.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have won each of their last six games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Astros have covered the run line in each of their last six games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Astros have lost the first inning in each of their last three night games at Fenway Park.
- The Astros have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Astros have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
Red Sox Need Better Pitching
The Red Sox are going to need to get better in this game. The Red Sox’s pitching really struggled on Monday and they need Brayan Bello to be better here. Bello comes into this game with a 10-7 record and an ERA of 3.56. Bello’s last start was seven innings and he gave up nine hits and one run. The Red Sox are averaging 4.99 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.67 runs per game. The offense is ranked 6th while the pitching is ranked 19th.
Red Sox Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the last three games between the Astros and Red Sox at Fenway Park.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as home favorites against the Astros following a home loss.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five Tuesday night games as home favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last six night games.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four games at Fenway Park against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Astros vs Red Sox Facts
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.265).
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 4th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.332).
- The Houston Astros ranks 5th in the league for runs scored this season (670).
- The Houston Astros ranks 5th in the league for RBI's this season (648).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Red Sox are going to find success here. France struggled in the last game giving up 10 runs and he’s going to have issues again in this game. Bello gave up only one run in his last start and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The lack of scoring by the Astros is going to be the difference as Boston will get the job done. Back the Red Sox on the money line.