White Sox vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 8/28/23
Baltimore Orioles (81-48) vs Chicago White Sox (51-79)
Game Info: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Grayson Rodriguez (3-3) (5.38) vs Michael Kopech (5-11) (4.95)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -205 / Chicago White Sox +186 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MASN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox and Baltimore Orioles face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Oriole Park.
White Sox on a Winning Streak
The White Sox are currently on a win streak, even if that means they have only won two games in a row. The last two games against the Oakland Athletics were victories and the pitching only gave up three runs total in the two games. On Sunday it was a 6-1 victory. Yoan Moncada finished with four hits and two RBIs. The White Sox are averaging 4.16 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.11 runs per game. On the mound for the White Sox will be Michael Kopech who sits with a 5-11 record and an ERA of 4.95. In his last start against the Seattle Mariners he went four innings giving up one hit and zero runs.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won four of the White Sox's last five games.
- The White Sox have covered the run line in each of their last five road games against AL East opponents following a home win.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last 12 games against AL East opponents.
Orioles Finally Suffer A Loss
The Orioles had won four games in a row before they were defeated 4-3 against the Rockies. The Orioles gave up one run in the top of the 9th and that led to the defeat. The Orioles are averaging 4.94 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.26 runs per game. The Orioles offense is ranked 8th while the pitching is ranked 8th. Anthony Santander has hit 24 home runs and driven in 70 RBIs. On the mound for the Orioles will be Grasyon Rodriguez who sits with a 3-3 record and an ERA of 5.38.
Orioles Betting Trends
- The Orioles have won nine of their last 10 games against American League opponents following a loss.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the Orioles' last six games.
- The Orioles have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 3 innings in each of their last seven Monday night games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last four games as home favorites against American League opponents.
White Sox vs Orioles Facts
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for runs scored this season (640).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for RBI's this season (621).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (533).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1223).
Shane’s Free Pick
Kopech was better in his last start, but he still hasn’t been good overall, and he still sits with an ERA of 4.95. Rodriguez has also given up plenty of runs so far this season, and he’s going to be awful here against a White Sox offense that found some success on Sunday. Both teams are going to score at least six runs here, and the over is going to cash.