Diamondbacks vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 8/28/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (79-49) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (68-62)
Game Info: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 10:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Bobby Miller (7-3) (3.86) vs Zac Gallen (14-5) (3.11)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -145 / Arizona Diamondbacks +133 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SNY Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Dodgers will host the Arizona Diamondbacks for game one of their divisional series this Monday from Dodger Stadium on SNY.
Diamondbacks Preview & Projected Starter
Arizona enters at 69-62 after taking two of three from Cincinnati. The Diamondbacks held their ground at home versus the Reds m, and they’ll now look to steal a few games in LA this week. The Arizona offense is scoring 4.34 runs per game, while batting .257, with a .326 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.41 ERA, with a 1.34 WHIP.
Zac Gallen (14-5, 3.11 ERA, 168 Ks) will get the ball for Arizona. The fifth-year pitcher had another strong outing last time out against Texas, striking out eleven, while holding them to one run en route to a DBacks victory. Gallen has been sharp over his last four starts, as he’s picked up the win in three straight, and allowed just four runs combined. The Cy Young hopeful has a real change to drive Arizona into a wild card spot, but this divisional spot could wind up being very tough.
DBacks Player Trends & Props
• Christian Walker produced a run in the final three matchups with Cincy, and he’s Arizona’s leader in home runs (28) and RBI (86).
• Ketel Marte also plated runs in the final three games against the Reds, and he’s first on the team in hits (129), with 21 homers and 68 runs batted in.
• Corbin Carroll has multiple hits in six of the previous eight games, and he’s leading the DBacks in batting (.281), with 22 home runs and 64 RBI.
• Lourdes Gurriel Jr. homered in the game three win, and he’s posting splits of .253/20/67.
Dodgers Preview & Projected Starter
Los Angeles moved to 80-49 after taking two of three from Boston. The Dodgers got back into the win column in game three, and they’ll look to get another winning streak going here at home. The Los Angeles offense is scoring 5.04 runs per game, while batting .248, with a .330 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.50 ERA, with a 1.28 WHIP.
Bobby Miller (6-2, 4.26 ERA, 53 Ks) will make the start for Los Angeles. The rookie righty had a tough time up in Cleveland last week, allowing four runs in six innings en route to his third losing decision f the season. Miller held teams to three runs or less in seven of eight starts prior to the Guardians defeat, and he’ll look to avoid taking a second straight loss here Monday.
Dodgers Player Trends & Props
• Mookie Betts homered in the final game of his return to Boston, and after totaling multiple bases in fourteen straight contests, he leads LAD in home runs (35) and RBI (93). while batting an impressive .315.
• Freddie Freeman has doubled in four of the last five games, and he leads the Dodgers in BA (.341) and hits (175), with 23 homers and 86 runs batted in.
• Max Muncy produced a run in all three games at Fenway, and he’s totaled 30 home runs and 83 RBI for the season.
• Amed Rosario plated runs in the final two games against the Res Sox, and he’s batting .261, with 53 RBI for the season.
Corey’s Free Pick
Zac Gallen’s presence may make things tricky, but it also puts value on the hottest team in baseball. The Dodgers have been amazing this month, and despite facing a Cy Young candidate in Gallen here, I’m comfortable trusting them to execute at home. The Over may just be in play, as both clubs are swinging well right here, but let’s roll with the hosting Dodgers for game one.