Colorado Rockies (49-81) vs Atlanta Braves (84-44)
Game Info: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 8:40 pm (Coors Field)
Austin Gomber (9-9) (5.48) vs Bryce Elder (10-4) (3.39)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies +218 / Atlanta Braves -245 --- Over/Under: 12 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Atlanta Braves will head out to Denver to begin a three-game set with the Colorado Rockies this Monday from Coors Field
Braves Preview & Projected Starter
Atlanta moved to 84-45 after taking two of three from San Francisco. The Braves couldn’t complete the sweep as the Giants would take game three, and they’ll look to bounce back here at Coors Monday.. The Atlanta offense is scoring 3.83 runs per game, while batting .270, with a .339 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.67 ERA, with a 1.26 WHIP.
Bryce Elder (10-4, 3.39 ERA, 103 Ks) will take the mound for Atlanta. The second-year pitcher doubled down on New York last time out, holding the Mets to one run thru 5.1 innings to earn his second straight win over the Empire State. Elder looked good in consecutive home spots, but he’s struggled a bit on the road as of late, allowing five runs or more in three of his past four starts away from Truist Park..
Braves Player Trends & Props
• Ronald Acuna Jr. has totaled multiple bases in four of the last six games, and he’s leading Atlanta in batting (.330) and hits (171), with 28 HR and 74 RBI.
• Matt Olson doubled in all three games against San Francisco, and he leads the NL in home runs (43) and RBI (112).
• Austin Riley homered in the game two win over San Fran, and he’s posting splits of .275/30/78.
• Marcell Ozuna has produced a run in five of the last six games, and he’s posting a line of .263/29/70.
Rockies Preview & Projected Starter
Colorado moved to 48-81 after dropping two of three to Baltimore. The Rockies found a way to steal game three, and they’ll now look to win consecutive games for the first time this month. The Colorado offense is scoring 4.5 runs per game, while batting .256, with a .317 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.70 ERA, with a 1.43 WHIP.
Austin Gomber (9-9, 5.48 ERA, 86 Ks) will get the call for Colorado. The fifth-year lefty held his own in Tampa Last time out, holding the Rays to three runs thru six innings pitched. Gomber has been one of the few bright spots in the Rockies’ staff this season, and he’s held teams to three runs or less in eight of his last ten starts.
Rockies Player Trends & Props
• Ryan McMahon has recorded a hit in eight of the last ten games, and he leads Colorado in hits (116), home runs (21), and RBI (65).
• Elias Diaz has produced a run in seven of the last eight games, and he’s posting splits of .274/13/62.
• Ezequiel Tovar has collected a hit in six of the previous nine games, and he’s batting .258, with fifteen homers and 60 runs batted in.
Corey’s Free Pick
Atlanta coming to Coors Field is as dangerous as it seems, and I feel like the Rockies are going to fight back here in game one. Both pitchers are capable, but they’ve both had shaky starts in recent memory, and with most of the power going to the hitters here in Denver, I think the bats win here in game one. Let’s test the high Over for this matchup.