Athletics vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 8/28/23
Seattle Mariners (73-56) vs Oakland Athletics (38-92)
Game Info: Monday, August 28, 2023 at 9:40 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryan Woo (1-3) (4.58) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners / Oakland Athletics --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Seattle Mariners will host the Oakland Athletics for game one of their divisional series this Monday from T-Mobile Park
Athletics Preview & Projected Starter
Oakland moved to 38-93 after splitting four games with Chicago. The Athletics couldn’t follow up their massive game two victory, and they’ll look to avoid a third straight loss here Monday. The Oakland offense is scoring 2.81 runs per game, while batting .222, with a .303 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 6.00 ERA, with a 1.62 WHIP.
Oakland has yet to name a starter for this contest.
Athletics Player Trends & Facts
• Brent Rooker has recorded a hit in six of the last eight games, and he leads Oakland in home runs (22) and RBI (55).
• Zach Gelof has produced a run in three of four games in Chicago, he’s posting splits of .277/10/21 thru 38 big league games.
• Ryan Noda has collected a hit in seven of his last nine games, and he’s posting a line of .239/12/41.
• Shea Langeliers has a similar trend of tallying a hit in seven of his last ten games, and he’s second on the team in homers (15) and RBI (45).
Mariners Preview & Projected Starter
Seattle moved to 74-56 after sweeping Kansas City. The Mariners held on pull off the three-game sweep, and they’ll look to capitalize on the light home matchup again here with Oakland. The Seattle offense is 3.87 scoring runs per game, while batting .234, with a .313 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.55 ERA, with a 1.19 WHIP.
Bryan Woo (1-3, 4.58 ERA, 63 Ks) is set to start for Seattle. The rookie righty had a light outing in the Southside last time out, pitching four innings of one-run ball en route to a Mariners win. Woo has been solid in first season despite the low number of decisions, as he’s held clubs to three runs or less in nine of his first twelve appearances. The Cal Poly product will get his first crack against his hometown team here, and he’s in a good spot to earn his first victory since June.
Mariners Player Trends & Props
• Julio Rodriguez homered in the final two wins over Kansas City, and he leads Seattle in batting (.279) and hits (149), with 23 home runs and 84 RBI.
• Teoscar Hernandez also went yard in the last two games against KC, and he’s posting splits of .262/22/76.
• Eugenio Suarez has recorded a hit in seven of the previous nine games, and he totaled 18 homers and 83 RBI for the season.
• Cal Raleigh has produced a run in four of the last six games, and he leads the club in homers (25), with 64 RBI.
• J.P. Crawford has scored a run in five of the previous six games, and he posting a line of .268/11/41
Corey’s Free Pick
Aside from traveling to take on the defending World Series champs in Houston, Seattle couldn’t have asked for an easier stretch of baseball, and just as they’ve done nearly each time out over the past two weeks, I believe they’ll capitalize the light competition once again. This team is playing at a championship level right now, and after clawing their way into the thick of the AL West division crown, they’re not slowing down this week with Oakland in town. Let’s lean on Seattle to be great at home again Monday night.