Tampa Bay Rays (78-52) vs New York Yankees (62-66)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 1:40 pm (Tropicana Field)
Zack Littell (2-4) (4.27) vs Carlos Rodon (1-4) (6.27)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Rays -123 / New York Yankees +105 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: YES Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Tropicana Field.
Rodon Finally Figuring it Out?
Maybe Yankees starting pitcher Carlos Rodon is finally figuring it out. Overall Rodon sits with a 1-4 record and an ERA of 6.27. In his last start against the Nationals though, he looked better going six innings giving up six hits and one run. The Yankees had really struggled but they were able to pick up a victory in Game 1 of the series. The pitching was good in that game, and the pitching is going to need to be good in this game. The Yankees are averaging 4.25 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have lost each of their last six day games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line nine of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last three road games.
Rays Offense Looks to Tee Off
Even though Rodon is coming off a start where he was good, the Rays have to have confidence that they can run up the score here. This is a Rays offense that has found a lot of success mostly the last week. Overall the Rays are averaging 5.34 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.05 runs per game. The offense is ranked 4th in the league while the pitching is ranked 3rd. On the mound for the Rays will be Zach Littlell who sits with a 2-4 record and an ERA of 4.27. Littell also is going to need to have a strong start here.
Rays Betting Trends
- The Rays have lost six of their last seven games as home favorites against American League opponents following a home win.
- The Rays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as home favorites against American League opponents following a home win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last four home games.
- The Rays have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites against American League opponents.
Yankees vs Rays Facts
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 3rd in the league for home runs this season (190).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (968).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for batting average this season (.229).
Shane's Free Pick
This could be the highest scoring game on the board. Rodon is coming off a good start, but no chance I am trusting here. The Rays offense is going to have no issue running up the score here. The Yankees are also going to have no issue finding success scoring off Littell and that will be the difference here. This total is too low. Back the over to cash. This is one of my favorite plays on the board.