Rockies vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 8/27/23
Baltimore Orioles (81-48) vs Colorado Rockies (48-81)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 1:35 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Jack Flaherty (8-8) (4.73) vs Ty Blach (1-1) (4.39)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -285 / Colorado Rockies +250 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Rockies will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 3 of their series on Sunday afternoon at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore has won the first two games in this series by a score of 5-4 in each game. The Orioles continue to play very well and they are racking up wins as they try and hold off the Rays in the AL East.
The Colorado Rockies are 48-81 this season and they have lost six games in a row. The Rockies have struggled on the mound recently, allowing five runs or more in seven straight games. The Colorado pitching staff has a 5.51 ERA, a 1.51 WHIP, and a .283 opponent batting average this year. The Rockies offense has scored 567 runs with a .249 batting average and a .310 on base percentage. Ryan McMahon is batting .248 with 21 home runs and 65 RBI’s for the Rockies. The projected starting pitcher for Colorado is Ty Blach, who is 1-1 with a 4.39 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP over 41 innings pitched this season.
The Baltimore Orioles are 81-48 this season and they have won seven of their last eight games. Prior to this series, Baltimore won two out of three games in their series with the Blue Jays. The Orioles have scored at least five runs in seven of their last eight games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.04 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .244 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 637 runs with a .254 batting average and a .319 on base percentage this season. Anthony Santander is batting .254 with 24 home runs and 70 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Jack Flaherty, who is 8-8 with a 4.73 ERA and a 1.55 WHIP over 123.2 innings pitched this year.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last 14 Sunday games.
- The Orioles have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games against NL West opponents following a home win.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last six Sunday day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
Colorado Rockies Team Facts
- The Rockies have lost each of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rockies have covered the run line each of their last five games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rockies have led after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rockies' last seven Sunday games.
- The Rockies have led after 7 innings in five of their last seven games as underdogs against American League opponents.
Baltimore Orioles Player Prop Facts
- Gunnar Henderson has hit a home run in two of the Orioles' last three games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Adley Rutschman has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Orioles' last six day games.
- Ryan Mountcastle has recorded two or more hits in each of the Orioles' last three games against opponents that held a losing record.
- James McCann has recorded two or more total bases in four of his last five appearances in day games.
- Ryan Mountcastle has scored at least one run in each of the Orioles' last six games against opponents that held a losing record.
Colorado Rockies Player Prop Facts
- Ezequiel Tovar has hit a home run in three of his last 11 appearances with the Rockies as underdogs.
- Elias Diaz has recorded at least one RBI in six of his last seven appearances.
- Charlie Blackmon has recorded two or more total bases in six of his last seven road appearances against AL opponents that held a winning record.
- Charlie Blackmon has scored at least one run in four of his last five road appearances after playing the previous day.
- Charlie Blackmon has recorded at least one hit in each of his last 10 Sunday day appearances against teams that held a winning record.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for runs scored this season (637).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 8th in the league for RBI's this season (618).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1244).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 29th in the league for steals this season (49).
The Orioles continue to be one of the best teams in baseball and they are 40-24 at home this year. On the flip side, Colorado has one of the worst records in the MLB and they are 20-48 away from Coors Field. The Rockies have really struggled with their pitching staff, which does not bode well against this Orioles lineup. Baltimore is starting Jack Flaherty, who has allowed 10 earned runs in his last two starts (8 IP). Colorado is starting Ty Blach, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in three straight starts. Blach hasn’t allowed too many runs recently, but he has given up quite a few hits. I think both offenses will hit the ball well and I like the over here.