Reds vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 8/27/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (68-62) vs Cincinnati Reds (68-63)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 4:10 pm (Chase Field)
Slade Cecconi (0-0) (2.93) vs Graham Ashcraft (7-8) (4.84)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks -120 / Cincinnati Reds +102 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Arizona Diamondbacks and the Cincinnati Reds will meet in Phoenix for their series finale set this Sunday from Chase Field. Cincy got back into the win column with a one-run victory in game three, 8-7.
Reds Preview & Projected Starter
Cincinnati moved to 68-63 after defeating Arizona. The Reds used timely late-game hitting to avoid a third straight loss, and they’ll look to take the rubber match on Sunday. The Cincinnati offense is scoring 3.78 runs per game, while batting .257, with a .334 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.96 ERA, with a 1.46 WHIP.
Graham Ashcraft (7-8, 4.84 ERA, 60 Ks) will get the call for Cincinnati. The second-year pitcher balled out in Anaheim last time out, tossing a season-high ten strikeouts, while holding the Angels to three runs thru seven innings pitched en route to his seventh win of the season. Ashcraft has been sturdy since the beginning of July, delivering a quality start in nine of his last ten outings, while holding clubs to three runs or less in all ten contests.
Reds Player Trends & Props
• Spencer Steer has collected a hit in six of the last seven games, and he leads the team in hits (127), home runs (18), with 71 RBI.
• Matt McClain went yard in the game two win, and he leads Cincy in batting (.294), with 50 RBI.
• Elly De La Cruz has scored a run in six of the last eight games, and he’s batting .248, with 52 runs scored thru 69 games.
Diamondbacks Preview & Projected Starter
Arizona enters at 68-62 after losing to Cincinnati. The Diamondbacks let game three slip away last night, and they’ll need to regroup here in game three. The Arizona offense is scoring 4.34 runs per game, while batting .257, with a .326 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.41 ERA, with a 1.34 WHIP.
Slade Cecconi (0-0, 2.84 ERA, 3 Ks) will get the fall for Arizona. The rookie pitcher came thru with his best outing against Texas last time out, holding them to one run in five innings en route to a DBacks win. Cecconi has managed to hold his through four appearances, and he’ll look to get Arizona back into the win with a solid showing on Sunday.
DBacks Player Trends & Props
• Christian Walker has produced a run in four of the last seven games, and he’s Arizona’s leader in home runs (28) and RBI (86).
• Ketel Marte provided a three-run shot in the game three loss,! and he’s first on the team in hits (128), with twenty homers and 67 runs batted in.
• Corbin Carroll has scored a run in eight of the last ten games, and he’s posting splits of .279/22/64.
• Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has recorded a hit in eight of the last ten games, and he’s posting a line of .253/19/66.
Corey’s Free Pick
Graham Ashcraft’s recent stretch of play makes the profitable shot in Cincinnati here appealing. Ashcraft has revved things up this season, and if he receives run support, we've got the elements for a two-way effort here. Back Cincy to take game four, and double down with the Over for insurance here Sunday.