Nationals vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 8/27/23
Miami Marlins (65-64) vs Washington Nationals (60-69)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 1:40 pm (loanDepot park)
() () vs Trevor Williams (6-7) (4.95)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins / Washington Nationals --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Sun Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Washington Nationals and Miami Marlins face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at loanDepot Park. On Friday it was the Nationals that were able to secure the 7-4 victory.
Can The Marlins Stay Alive?
Earlier in the season the Marlins looked like they were a lock to make the playoffs, but the last month plus has really hurt them. In the first game of this series the pitching really let them down, and that led to the three run defeat. The Marlins are averaging 4.05 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 26th in baseball and not many teams are going to make the playoffs when they are 26th in baseball in runs scored.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The Marlins have lost each of their last four games as favorites against NL East opponents.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine games as favorites against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Marlins have trailed after 5 innings in five of their last six games as favorites.
Nationals Continue to Show Life
The season has been over for a long time for the Nationals in terms of playing baseball that mattered, but they have actually played well heading into this game. On Friday the offense scored seven runs, and they are going to try and find that offensive success again here. The Nationals offense overall is averaging 4.4 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.12 runs per game. On the mound for the Marlins will be Trevor Williams who sits with a 6-7 record and an ERA of 4.95. In his last start against the Phillies he went six innings giving up two hits and zero runs.
Nationals Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won five of the Nationals' last six games.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 11 of the Nationals' last 13 games.
- The Nationals have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Nationals' last three day games against NL East opponents.
Marlins vs Nationals Facts
- The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for RBI's this season (498).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for walks this season (336).
- The Washington Nationals ranks 2nd in the league for strikeouts against this season (925).
- The Washington Nationals ranks 29th in the league for strikeouts this season (989).
Shane’s Free Pick
Williams was dominant in his last start and I am still not sold on the Marlins offense. Miami is going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here against Williams and that will be the difference. Look for the Marlins to only score one or two runs, and that will be the difference as the Nationals are going to get the job done. Back the Nationals on the money line to cash here.