Guardians vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 8/27/23
Toronto Blue Jays (70-59) vs Cleveland Guardians (61-68)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 1:37 pm (Rogers Centre)
Yusei Kikuchi (9-4) (3.52) vs Noah Syndergaard (2-6) (6.42)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays -222 / Cleveland Guardians +184 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Great Lakes Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cleveland Guardians and Toronto Blue Jays face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at the Rogers Centre.
What Syndergaard Will the Guardians Get?
The big question for the Guardians heading into this game and is what Noah Syndergaard will be pitching. Will it be the one who looks like his old self and dominates, or will it be the one who struggles to get through a couple of innings. Over his last 10.1 innings, Syndergaard has given up eight earned runs and three home runs. If the Guardians want a chance here, they are going to need Syndergaard to have a good start. The Guardians’ offense has been an issue all season and they are averaging only 4.01 runs per game which is 28th in baseball.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The Guardians have won four of their last five games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a loss.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The Guardians have led after 5 innings in each of their last four Sunday games as road underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Guardians' last three day games at Rogers Centre.
- The Guardians have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against American League opponents.
Blue Jays Need Bats Early
In Game 1 of this series, the Blue Jays bats didn’t find a whole lot of success, and they are going to need the offense to be better in this game, especially going against Syndergaard. The Blue Jays offense overall is averaging 4.43 runs per game which is 17th in the league. The pitching has been the real strength and is the best in baseball in terms of runs given up per game. On the mound for the Blue Jays is Yusei Kikuchi who currently sits a 9-4 record and an ERA of 3.52.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost five of their last six games as favorites against American League opponents following a win.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in six of their last seven games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last three day games between the Guardians and Blue Jays at Rogers Centre.
- The Blue Jays have led after 3 innings in each of their last three home day games.
Guardians vs Blue Jays Facts
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (521).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks T4th in the league for hits this season (1149).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 29th in the league for RBI's this season (485).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 29th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.379).
Shane’s Free Pick
The question comes down to what Syndergaard we are going to get, and I expect we are going to get a bad one. Syndergaard has really struggled in his last couple of starts and he’s going to really struggle again in this game. Look for the Blue Jays to get those bats going early, and that is going to be the difference here as Toronto is going to get the job done. Back the Blue Jays on the money line.