Tampa Bay Rays (78-51) vs New York Yankees (61-66)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 4:10 pm (Tropicana Field)
Tyler Glasnow (6-4) (3.35) vs Clarke Schmidt (8-7) (4.68)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Rays / New York Yankees --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: YES Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Tropicana Field.
Yankees are an Embarrassment
The Yankees are a big embarrassment and there are some major changes that are going to need to be made after this season. If the Yankees don’t make some major changes, especially to the coaching staff, the Yankees won’t be making the playoffs next season either. On Thursday the Yankees gave up some runs late, and they ended up losing 6-5. The Yankees are averaging 4.24 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.4 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd while the pitching is ranked 15th. On the mound for the Yankees will be Clarke Schmidt who sits with an 8-7 record and an ERA of 4.68.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have won eight of their last nine games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a road win.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven road games following a win.
Glasnow Looks to Bounce Back
On the mound for the Rays will be Tyler Glasnow and he looks to bounce back. Glasnow had three starts in a row where he gave up only a run, but in his last start he really struggled. In his last start against the Angels he went six innings giving up eight hits and seven runs. The Rays are averaging 5.36 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.0 runs per game. The offense is ranked 4th in the league while the pitching is ranked 3rd. Isaac Paredes has hit 26 home runs and driven in in 80 RBis.
Rays Betting Trends
- The Rays have won each of their last six day games against the Yankees at Tropicana Field following a home loss.
- The Rays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The Rays have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five Saturday day games as home favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last three home games.
Yankees vs Rays Facts
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 3rd in the league for home runs this season (190).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The New York Yankees ranks 1st in the league for hits allowed this season (994).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (966).
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too low. Clarke Schmit has had some struggles at times and he currently sits with an ERA of 4.86. Glasnow really struggled in his last start and the Yankees are going to find offensive success with their bats here. Both of these offenses are going to beat up on the starting pitcher, and the over is going to cash here. This is one of my favorite plays on the board for Saturday.