Royals vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 8/26/23
Seattle Mariners (72-56) vs Kansas City Royals (41-89)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 4:10 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Logan Gilbert (11-5) (3.77) vs Jordan Lyles (3-14) (6.20)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -205 / Kansas City Royals +170 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas City Royals will play the Seattle Mariners in Game 2 of their series on Saturday afternoon at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. Seattle won the first game in this series by a score of 7-5 on Friday night and they continue to be one of the best teams in baseball currently.
The Kansas City Royals are 41-89 this season and they have lost eight of their last ten games. Prior to this series, Kansas City lost two out of three games on the road in Oakland. The Royals have allowed at least six runs in three of their last six games. The Kansas City pitching staff has a 5.15 ERA, a 1.41 WHIP, and a .264 opponent batting average this season. The Royals offense has scored 522 runs with a .243 batting average and a .300 on base percentage. Bobby Witt is batting .280 with 26 home runs and 81 RBI’s for the Royals. The projected starting pitcher for Kansas City is Jordan Lyles, who is 3-14 with a 6.20 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP over 139.1 innings pitched this year.
The Seattle Mariners are 72-56 this season and they have won nine of their last ten games. Seattle has been on a roll lately and they have scored at least six runs in nine of their last eleven games. The Seattle pitching staff has a 3.70 ERA, a 1.18 WHIP, and a .237 opponent batting average this year. The Mariners offense has scored 609 runs with a .244 batting average and a .323 on base percentage. Julio Rodriguez is batting .279 with 21 home runs and 80 RBI’s for the Mariners. The projected starting pitcher for Seattle is Logan Gilbert, who is 11-5 with a 3.77 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP over 148 innings pitched this season.
Seattle Mariners Team Facts
- The Mariners have won nine of their last 10 games.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six home games against AL Central opponents following a win.
- The Mariners have led after 3 innings in each of their last six Saturday day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last four day games between the Royals and Mariners at T-Mobile Park.
Kansas City Royals Team Facts
- The Royals have lost each of their last five games at T-Mobile Park.
- The Royals have covered the run line in four of their last five games against the Mariners following a loss.
- The Royals have lost the first inning in each of their last seven Saturday road games.
- The Royals have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five Saturday day games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Royals' last four day games against AL West opponents.
Seattle Mariners Player Prop Facts
- J.P. Crawford ranks 9th amongst qualified players for On Base Percentage (.382) this season.
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1272).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.70).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 29th in the league for walks this season (315).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for ERA this season (5.15).
The Mariners roll into this matchup looking to continue their winning ways and will face a Kansas City team that is only 18-49 on the road. Seattle is making a very strong push in the AL West, where they are currently tied for first with the Rangers. Seattle is starting Logan Gilbert, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in four of his last five starts. Kansas City is starting Jordan Lyles, who has allowed 19 earned runs in his last four starts (26.2 IP). I am going to stay with the hot team here and take Seattle -1.5 in this game.