Guardians vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 8/26/23
Toronto Blue Jays (70-58) vs Cleveland Guardians (60-68)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 3:07 pm (Rogers Centre)
Hyun Jin Ryu (2-1) (1.89) vs Logan Allen (6-6) (3.31)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays / Cleveland Guardians --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Great Lakes Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cleveland Guardians and Toronto Blue Jays face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at the Rogers Centre.
Allen has Been Impressive
On the mound for the Guardians is Logan Allen and he’s been impressive heading into this game. Over Allen’s last four starts he has given up only five runs total. Against the Detroit Tigers in his last start, he went six innings giving up four hits and two runs. The Guardians are averaging 4.0 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 28th in the league while the pitching is ranked 5th. Josh Naylor has hit 15 home runs and driven in 79 RBIs so far this season.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The Guardians have lost nine of their last 10 games at Rogers Centre following a road win.
- The Guardians have covered the run line each of their last seven games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Guardians have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against the Blue Jays.
- The Guardians have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four day games.
- The Guardians have led after 7 innings in each of their last five day games against AL East opponents that held a winning record.
Will Hyun-jin Ryu Get the Job Done Here?
On the mound for the Blue Jays will be Hyun-jin Ryu who sits with a 2-1 record and an ERA of 1.89. In his last start against the Reds he went five innings giving up four hits and two runs. Over his last three starts he has given up four runs total. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.45 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.08 runs per game. The pitching is the best in all of baseball and it’s something that is often overlooked with this team.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have won each of their last eight home games against the Guardians following a home loss.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against American League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against AL Central opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in five of their last six games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 7 innings in five of their last six games as favorites against American League opponents.
Guardians vs Blue Jays Facts
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (518).
- The Toronto Blue Jays are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 29th in the league for RBI's this season (482).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 29th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.379).
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Logan Allen has been dominant heading into this game, and he’s not going to give up more than two runs. Ryu has also been really good heading into this game, and he’s going to lockdown a Guardians offense that has been quite inconsistent. Both offenses are going to really struggle to score here, and the under is going to cash.