San Francisco Giants (66-62) vs Atlanta Braves (83-44)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Oracle Park)
Ryan Walker (4-2) (2.14) vs Max Fried (4-1) (2.83)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants / Atlanta Braves --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves will play the San Francisco Giants in Game 2 of their series on Saturday afternoon at Oracle Park in San Francisco, California. Atlanta won the first game in this series by a score of 5-1 on Friday night. San Francisco has had some issues recently and they are currently on the outside looking in on the NL Wild Card race.
The Atlanta Braves are 83-44 this season and they have won eight of their last ten games. Prior to winning Game 1 of this series, Atlanta won two out of three against the Mets and two out of three against this Giants team at home. The Braves are the best team in the MLB in my opinion and they are running away with the NL East. The Atlanta pitching staff has a 3.79 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .240 opponent batting average. The Braves offense has scored 734 runs with a .274 batting average and a .344 on base percentage this year. Ronald Acuna is batting .334 with 28 home runs and 74 RBI’s for the Braves. The projected starting pitcher for Atlanta is Max Fried, who is 4-1 with a 2.83 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP over 47.2 innings pitched this season.
The San Francisco Giants are 66-62 this year and they have lost six of their last eight games. San Francisco has lost six series in a row and they are dropping quickly in the standings. The San Francisco pitching staff has a 3.96 ERA, a 1.25 WHIP, and a .253 opponent batting average this year. The Giants offense has scored 551 runs with a .239 batting average and a .314 on base percentage. LaMonte Wade is batting .256 with 13 home runs and 35 RBI’s for the Giants. The projected starting pitcher for San Francisco is Ryan Walker, who is 4-2 with a 2.14 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP over 46.1 innings pitched this year.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have won nine of their last 11 games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Giants have covered the run line 11 of their last 12 day games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- The Giants have won the first inning in each of their last three Saturday day games as home underdogs.
- The Giants have led after 3 innings in each of their last four Saturday day games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last four games.
Atlanta Braves Team Facts
- The Braves have won eight of their last nine games against NL West opponents following a win.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line in nine of their last 10 day games against the Giants following a win.
- The Braves have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last eight Saturday day games against NL West opponents.
San Francisco Giants Player Prop Facts
- Wilmer Flores has hit a home run in each of the Giants' last two day games against opponents that held a winning record.
- Wilmer Flores has recorded at least one RBI in six of his last eight appearances in day games against teams that held a winning record.
- Thairo Estrada has recorded two or more hits in three of his last four appearances against opponents that held a winning record.
- Thairo Estrada has scored at least one run in six of the Giants' last seven day games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
- Wilmer Flores has recorded two or more total bases in five of his last six appearances against NL opponents at Oracle Park.
Atlanta Braves Player Prop Facts
- Marcell Ozuna has hit at least one home run in three of the Braves' last four games as favorites.
- Marcell Ozuna has recorded at least one RBI in each of the Braves' last four games against NL opponents.
- Max Fried has recorded six or more strikeouts in seven of his last eight road appearances against NL opponents that held a winning record.
- Matt Olson has scored at least one run in each of the Braves' last six road games.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. has recorded two or more total bases in each of the Braves' last six road games against NL opponents that held a winning record.
- Marcell Ozuna has recorded at least one hit in each of the Braves' last 12 games as road favorites.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. ranks 1st amongst qualified players for On Base Percentage (.418) this season.
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 2nd in the league for walks allowed this season (327).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 26th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1207).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (709).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for batting average this season (.274).
The Braves come into this game with one of the best records in all of baseball and they are an amazing 39-22 on the road this season. San Francisco really needs to find a way to win this series, but that is much easier said than done against this lineup. The Giants are going with Ryan Walker as an opener, then are expected to go with Sean Manaea. Atlanta is starting Max Fried, who has been just average since returning from injury. It is tough to pick against the Braves this season, but I think the Giants have a chance in this one against Max Fried, who has allowed 17 hits in his last two starts. Take the Giants here.