Royals vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 8/25/23
Seattle Mariners (71-56) vs Kansas City Royals (41-88)
Game Info: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 10:10 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryce Miller (8-4) (3.78) vs Brady Singer (8-9) (5.04)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -182 / Kansas City Royals +164 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: APLTV Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners will host the Kansas City Royals for game one of their three-game set this Friday from T-Mobile Park on Apple TV.
Royals Preview & Projected Starter
Kansas City comes in at 41-88 after losing to Oakland. The Royals avoided the embarrassment of being swept by the Athletics in game three, and they’ll face an uphill battle this week in Seattle. The Kansas City offense is scoring 3.62 runs per game, while batting .233, with a .293 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 5.25 ERA, with a 1.43 WHIP.
Brady Singer (8-9, 5.04 ERA, 84 Ks) will take the mound for Kansas City. The fourth-year righty was roughed up at Wrigley last time out, allowing six runs in just 3.2 innings to the Cubs pitched en route to his ninth loss. Singer delivered three straight quality starts, and held clubs to three runs or less in his five outings prior to the bad spot in Chicago, and he’ll attempt to bounce back here.
Royals Player Trends & Props
• Bobby Witt Jr. has totaled multiple bases in seven of the previous ten games, he leads KC in hits (142), homers (25) and RBI (80).
• Maikel Garcia has collected a hit in eight of the last ten games, and he leads the Royals in batting (.286), with 42 RBI.
• Salvador Perez produced a pair of runs in the game two loss, and he’s second on the team with 19 home runs and 57 RBI.
• MJ Melendez brings an eight-game hit streak into this contest, and he’s posting splits of .236/12/44.
Mariners Preview & Projected Starter
Seattle moved to 71-56 after losing to Chicago. The Mariners had their second eight-game win streak of the month snapped by the Sox in the series finale, and they’ll look get another going this weekend versus KC. The Seattle offense is 3.87 scoring runs per game, while batting .234, with a .313 on-base percentageThe pitching staff carries a 3.55 ERA, with a 1.19 WHIP.
Bryce Miller (8-4, 3.78 ERA, 71 Ks) will start for Seattle. The rookie pitcher came through with a shutout outing in Houston last weekend, going 6.1 innings to earn his eighth win of the season. Miller has bounced back from a pair of rough starts with three strong showings, and he’ll look to deliver again at home here.
Mariners Player Trends & Props
• Julio Rodriguez has multiple hits in six of the last ten games, and he leads Seattle in hits (125), with 19 home runs and 71 RBI.
• Eugenio Suarez went yard in the game two victory, and he leads the Mariners in RBI (76), while hitting eighteen homers.
• Teoscar Hernandez went OFF for a career-high five hits in the win over game three win over KC last week, nearly completing the cycle along the way, and he’s third on the team in home runs (18), while also being third in runs batted in (63).
• Cal Raleigh leads the club in homers (20), with 51 RBI.
Corey’s Free Pick
Seattle has done it again this season, only this time around one month sooner. The Mariners have effectively played themselves into the AL West and Wild Card races, and I think they hit another stride this weekend against Kansas City. The Royals had some steam at the top of the month, but this spot is more about a special Mariners team who will be returning home from a successful ten-game road trip. Back Seattle this Friday, and give the manageable Over a view.