Dodgers vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 8/25/23
Boston Red Sox (68-60) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (78-48)
Game Info: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Kutter Crawford (6-6) (3.66) vs Lance Lynn (9-9) (5.60)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox / Los Angeles Dodgers --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NESN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Boston Red Sox face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Fenway Park.
Mookie Betts Returns to Fenway Park
Mookie Betts is returning to Fenway Park as a member of the Dodgers and it will be interesting to hear the reception from the crowd. Betts had a strong game in Game 1 against the Guardians on Thursday finishing with five hits and two RBIs. He has a ton of confidence and wants to put on a show for his old fans. The Dodgers are averaging 5.54 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 16th. Mookie Betts has hit 34 home runs and driven in 86 RBIs. On the mound for the Dodgers will be Lance Lynn who sits with a 9-9 record and an ERA of 5.60. Over Lynn’s last three starts he has given up only one earned run.
Dodgers Betting Preview
- The Dodgers have lost four of their last five games as favorites against AL East opponents following a win.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line each of their last four games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Dodgers have led after 3 innings in each of their last three night games against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last three night games.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last five games as favorites against AL East opponents.
Rafael Devers Hasn’t Been Good Enough
Rafael Devers hasn’t been good enough this season and with as much as he’s getting paid, he needs to be better for the Red Sox. One of the biggest issue for Devers has been with his defense, and at some points he looks almost unplayable in the field. The Red Sox is averaging 4.89 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.66 runs per game. The offense is ranked 8th in the league while the pitching is ranked 18th.
Red Sox Betting Preview
- The underdogs have won four of the last five games between the Dodgers and Red Sox.
- The Red Sox have covered the run line in each of their last six games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last four night games.
- The Red Sox have led after 5 innings in each of their last four Friday games as underdogs.
- The Red Sox have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Friday night games as underdogs.
Dodgers vs Red Sox Facts
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.265).
- The Boston Red Sox are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (705).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 3rd in the league for RBI's this season (682).
Shane’s Free Pick
Lynn has been dominating heading into this start, and clearly all he needed was a trade to the Doddgers to start finding his success. The Red Sox bats are going to be ice cold, and that is going to lead to them only scoring only two or three runs total. The Dodgers bats will continue to be on fire, and it will end up being the Dodgers getting the job done here. Back the Dodgers.