Athletics vs White Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 8/25/23
Chicago White Sox (50-77) vs Oakland Athletics (36-91)
Game Info: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Guaranteed Rate Field)
Dylan Cease (5-6) (4.50) vs Zach Neal (0-0) (8.25)
Betting Odds: Chicago White Sox -213 / Oakland Athletics +177 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Oakland Athletics and Chicago White Sox face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Guaranteed Rate Field. On Thursday it was the A’s that were able to secure the 8-5 victory.
White Sox Need a Series Win
The White Sox haven’t found a whole lot of success this season, but they did pick up a nice win Wednesday. The White Sox almost blew the game in the 9th inning, but in the 10th inning they had a walk off hit. The White Sox were led by Trace Thompson who finished with one home run, two hits, and two RBIs. The White Sox are averaging 4.13 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 25th while the pitching is ranked 26th. Luis Robert has hit 33 home runs and driven in 67 RBIs. On the mound for the White Sox will be Dylan Cease who sits with a 5-6 record and an ERA of 4.50.
White Sox Betting Preview
- The White Sox have won each of their last eight night games against the Athletics at Guaranteed Rate Field following a home loss.
- The White Sox have failed to cover the run line each of their last seven games at Guaranteed Rate Field against teams that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last five games as home favorites against AL West opponents.
- The White Sox have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last five games as home favorites.
- The White Sox have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games against opponents that held a losing record.
A’s Bats are ice Cold
The Athletics bats have been ice cold most of the season and on Wednesday, they were especially bad. The A’s only had two hits and zero runs against the Kansas City Royals. The A’s overall this season is averaging 3.59 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.98 runs per game. The A’s are ranked last in baseball in runs per game, opponents runs per game, run differential per game, batting average, and hits per game. On the mound for the A’s is Zach Neal who sits with a 0-0 record and an ERA of 8.25.
Athletics Betting Preview
- The Athletics have lost each of their last six night games at Guaranteed Rate Field following a road win.
- The Athletics have covered the run line each of their last 12 night games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last three games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The Athletics have led after 7 innings in each of their last four night games against opponents that held a losing record.
A's vs White Sox Facts
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (517).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1191).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for RBI's this season (446).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.223).
Shane’s Free Pick
The White Sox are going to get the job done. Neal has had his struggles this season sitting with an ERA of 8.25. The White Sox are going to score four or five runs off of him here, and that is going to be the difference here. Cease will lockdown the A’s terrible offense and that is going to be the difference here. The White Sox are going to win this game by five or six runs here, but we will take them on the run line. Back the White Sox -1.5.