New York Mets (59-69) vs Los Angeles Angels (61-67)
Game Info: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Citi Field)
Kodai Senga (10-6) (3.19) vs () ()
Betting Odds: New York Mets / Los Angeles Angels --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports West Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Angels and New York Mets face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Citi Field in Queens.
Ohtani Suffers Devastating Blow
Shohei Ohtani left Wednesday’s game with arm fatigue and a little bit later it was announced that he tore his UCL. He won’t pitch again this season, and it looks like he’s going to need Tommy John surgery. There was so much buzz about this offseason for him, and now there are a lot of question marks. The Angels are averaging 4.74 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th in the league while the pitching is ranked 25th. Ohtani has hit 44 home runs and driven in 91 RBIs so far this season.
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have lost eight of their last nine night games against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Angels have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine night games against National League opponents following a home loss.
- The Angels have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The Angels have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last three night games against NL East opponents.
The Mets Need Senga to be Good
The Mets will send Kodai Senga to the mound and he sits with a 10-6 record and an ERA of 3.19. In his last start against the St. Louis Cardinals he went seven innings giving up two hits and one run. The Mets are averaging 4.41 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.69 runs per game. The offense is ranked 18th in the league while the pitching is ranked 19th. Pete Alonso has hit 39 home runs and driven in 95 RBIs so far this season.
Mets Betting Trends
- The Mets have won each of their last 10 Friday night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Mets have failed to cover the run line 13 of their last 14 games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last four games between the Angels and Mets at Citi Field.
- The Mets have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against American League opponents.
Angels vs Mets Facts
- The New York Mets ranks T26th in the league for walks allowed this season (475).
- The New York Mets ranks T25th in the league for hits this season (1005).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for steals this season (60).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 6th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.435).
Shane’s Free Pick
Senga was lights out in his last start, and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. I am also not sold on the Mets offense and on Wendsday the offense failed to score any runs. The Mets offense is going to have some major issues, scoring also here, and this game is going to stay low scoring. Back the under to cash here.