Reds vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 8/24/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (66-61) vs Cincinnati Reds (66-61)
Game Info: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Chase Field)
Brandon Pfaadt (0-6) (6.13) vs Brandon Williamson (4-3) (4.47)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks -155 / Cincinnati Reds +142 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Ohio Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Cincinnati Reds face off on Thursday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field.
Diamondbacks Heating Back Up
The Diamondbacks are heating back up and they are coming off another win on Wednesday. The Diamondbacks scored six runs against the Texas Rangers and that was enough for the three run victory. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.7 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.76 runs per game. The offense is ranked 13th while the pitching is ranked 20th. Earlier in the season the offense was even better, but they have been inconsistent. On the mound for the Diamondbacks will be Merrill Kelly who sits with a 10-5 record and an ERA of 3.13.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost six of their last seven games as home favorites against the Reds following a win.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in nine of the last 10 games between the Reds and Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five Thursday home games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last six night games.
Reds Need To Get The Offense Going Here
The Reds need to find a way to get the offense going here. The Reds offense overall has been good but the last week the offense has been inconsistent and they are going to need the offense to get going here. The Reds are averaging 4.75 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the pitching is ranked 23rd. Spencer Steer has hit 18 home runs and driven in 57 RBIs. On the mound for the Reds will be Brandon Williamson who sits with a 4-3 record and an ERA of 4.47.
Reds Betting Trends
- The Reds have won five of their last six games as road underdogs.
- The Reds have covered the run line in each of their last seven games against NL West opponents.
- The Reds have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Reds' last six night games at Chase Field.
- The Reds have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against NL West opponents.
Diamondbacks vs Reds Facts
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (986).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks T9th in the league for doubles this season (226).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks T28th in the league for home runs allowed this season (180).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 26th in the league for walks allowed this season (472).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Reds bats have been a little quiet heading into this game and it’s going to hurt them again in this game. The Diamondbacks are going to get a good start from Kelly here. I also expect the Diamondbacks bats are going to score five or six runs including three or four off of Williamson and that will be enough to get the job done. Back the Diamondbacks on the money line.