Rangers vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 8/24/23
Minnesota Twins (65-62) vs Texas Rangers (72-54)
Game Info: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Target Field)
Pablo Lopez (9-6) (3.51) vs Andrew Heaney (9-6) (4.27)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -114 / Texas Rangers -103 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers and Minnesota Twins face off on Thursday in an MLB showdown at Target Field.
Lopez has been Dominating
On the mound for the Twins is Pablo Lopez and he has been dominant heading into this game. So far this month Lopez has gone 25 innings and given up 19 hits and one run. In his last start against the Pittsburgh Pirates he went six innings giving up zero runs. The Twins have won the last four starts by Lopez. The Twins are averaging 4.39 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th while the pitching is ranked 6th. When Royce Lewis is healthy he looks to be a budding star, and he hit another home run on Wednesday.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have lost each of their last five games as favorites against the Rangers following a loss.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six home games against American League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The Twins have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three night games against American League opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 7 innings in eight of their last 10 games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The Twins have led after 5 innings in each of their last four home games.
Rangers Really Struggling
The Rangers still look to be one of the best teams in baseball still, but they are really struggling heading into this game. The Rangers have lost six games in a row including on Tuesday when they were defeated 6-3. The Rangers are averaging 5.2 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.18 runs per game. The offense is ranked second while the pitching staff is ranked 8th. On the mound for the Rangers is Andrew Heaney who sits with a 9-6 record and an ERA of 4.27. In his last start against the MIlwaukee Brewers he went 3.2 innings giving up seven hits and three runs.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won each of their last four games as underdogs against AL Central opponents following a road loss.
- The Rangers have covered the run line in each of their last nine games at Target Field.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last three road games.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against AL Central opponents.
Twins and Rangers Facts
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for walks allowed this season (354).
- The Minnesota Twins are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for doubles this season (273).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (678).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Twins are going to find success here. Heaney really struggled in his last start and the Twins are going to find plenty of success with the scoring. Lopez has been so dominant heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown again here. The Rangers are going to score only two or three runs total and that is going to be the difference the Twins are going to get the job done. Back the Twins on the money line.