Blue Jays vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 8/23/23
Baltimore Orioles (77-47) vs Toronto Blue Jays (69-56)
Game Info: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Jack Flaherty (8-8) (4.73) vs Kevin Gausman (9-7) (3.24)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -109 / Toronto Blue Jays -109 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MASN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Oriole Park. On Tuesday it was the Blue Jays that secured the 6-3 victory. The three runs in the top of the tenth for the Blue Jays was the difference in the game.
Blue Jays Need Strong Pitching
The Blue Jays pitching has been the strength all season and that is going to need to be the difference here. Kevin Gausman comes into this game with a 9-7 record and an ERA of 3.24. The Blue Jays is averaging 4.48 runs while their pitching is giving up 3.98 runs per game. The offense is ranked 16th in the league while the pitching is ranked 1st. If Gausman finds success here, the Blue Jays are going to have little issues getting the job done here.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost each of their last five games as favorites against AL East opponents following a win.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight games as road favorites after going to extra innings.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in 12 of their last 18 games as favorites against AL East opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 3 innings in five of their last seven games as road favorites against American League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against AL East opponents.
Flaherty Has Struggled With the Orioles
On the mound for the Orioles will be Jack Flaherty and since coming over to Baltimore, he has had some struggles. In his last start agains the Padres he went three innings giving up four hits and seven runs. He had four walks in that game and it wasn’t enough. The Orioles are averaging 4.94 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.3 runs per game. The offense is ranked 6th while the pitching is ranked 12th.
Orioles Betting Trends
- The Orioles have won seven of their last eight games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a loss.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last six games as underdogs against American League opponents following a loss.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last four home games.
Blue Jays vs Orioles Facts
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 7th in the league for runs scored this season (615).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 7th in the league for RBI's this season (597).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1186).
- The Toronto Blue Jays are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
Shane’s Free Pick
Flaherty has had his issues for the Orioles and he’s going to really struggle again in this game. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.48 runs per game and the yare going to have no issue running up the score here. Flaherty isn’t going to be keeping up, and that will be the difference as the Blue Jays getting the job done here. Back the Blue Jays on the money line.