Giants vs Phillies Prediction - MLB Picks 8/22/23
Philadelphia Phillies (67-57) vs San Francisco Giants (65-59)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 6:40 pm (Citizens Bank Park)
() () vs None None (0-0) (0.00)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Phillies -155 / San Francisco Giants +142 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia Phillies face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Tropicana Field. On Monday it was the Phillies that were able to secure the 10-4 victory.
Giants Look to Bounce Back From Struggles over the Weekend
The Giants struggled over the weekend against the Atlanta Braves but they were able to secure a win on Sunday. In that game the Giants pitching was lights out giving up only four runs and that led to the one run defeat. The Giants are averaging 4.32 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 21st in the league while the pitching is ranked 10th. J.D. Davis has hit 15 home runs and driven in 57 RBIs.
Giants Betting Preview
- The Giants have lost each of their last six night games against NL East opponents.
- The Giants have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 games as underdogs against the Phillies.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last three night games.
Walker has been X-Factor
On the mound for the Phillies will be Taijuan Walker and the Phillies have won 10 of the last 12 starts made by him. One of thoe losses though came in the last game when he gave up three hits and three runs. The Phillies are averaging 4.69 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.34 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th in the league while the defense is ranked 13th. Kyle Schwarber has hit 32 home runs and driven in 78 RBIs.
Phillies Betting Preview
- The Phillies have lost each of their last six games against the Giants following a win.
- The Phillies have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against the Giants following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Phillies' last three games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Phillies have trailed after 3 innings in nine of their last 12 games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Phillies have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites.
Giants vs Phillies Facts
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 24th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1139).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 8th in the league for hits this season (1107).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T1st in the league for walks allowed this season (316).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 28th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1176).
Shane’s Free Pick
Walker has been strong heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Giants bats are going to really struggle again in this game. Look for San Francisco to score only a run or two and that is going to be the difference here as the Phillies are going to get the job done. Back the Phillies.