Marlins vs Padres Prediction - MLB Picks 8/21/23
San Diego Padres (59-66) vs Miami Marlins (64-61)
Game Info: Monday, August 21, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Petco Park)
Michael Wacha (9-2) (2.68) vs Johnny Cueto (0-3) (5.57)
Betting Odds: San Diego Padres / Miami Marlins --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Miami Marlins and San Diego Padres face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Petco Park.
This Padres Team is Toast
The Padres team has been awful all season, and they might have hit a low on Saturday. The Padres offense only scored one run while the pitching gave up eight runs to the Diamondbacks, and that led to the defeat. The Marlins are averaging 4.1 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. This is an offense that is loaded with talent, and that has been quite the disappointment. In this game if the Padres want to find success, they are going to need to find a way to get the offense going early.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres have won five of their last six night games against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in five of their last six games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Padres' last three night games.
- The Padres have led after 3 innings in each of their last four night games against NL East opponents.
Marlins Offense Struggling
The Marlins are really struggling heading into this game with their offense and hteya re going to need to be better here. Over their last two games they have scored only two runs total and they need to find a way to get the offense going here. In the second game Saturday against the Dodgers they were defeated 3-1. The Marlins are averaging 4.1 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 25th while the pitching is ranked 16th.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The Marlins have lost 14 of their last 15 Monday night road games against National League opponents.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line each of their last eight games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Marlins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven Monday night road games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last three night games against NL West opponents.
Padres vs Marlins Facts
- The San Diego Padres ranks 6th in the league for hits allowed this season (991).
- The San Diego Padres are one of only 6 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both ERA and hits allowed this season.
- The Miami Marlins ranks T27th in the league for home runs this season (121).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 4th in the league for batting average this season (.260).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. The Marlins offense has really struggled heading into this game and they are going to have some major issues getting the offense going here. The Padres bats have also been inconsistent and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. Back the under to cash here.