Minnesota Twins (64-59) vs Pittsburgh Pirates (54-68)
Game Info: Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 2:10 pm (Target Field)
Dallas Keuchel (0-1) (9.45) vs Osvaldo Bido (2-3) (5.27)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -142 / Pittsburgh Pirates +130 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Minnesota Twins face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Target Field.
Can the Twins get a good start from Dallas Keuchel?
Dallas Keuchel probably won’t be making the Twins postseason roster, but they need him to be productive for as long as he’s on the roster. In 6.2 innings so far this season he has given up 14 runs and seven runs. In his last start against the Phillies he went 1.2 innings giving up six hits and six runs. The Twins are averaging 4.43 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.07 runs per game. The offense is ranked 17th while the pitching is ranked 5th.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have won seven of their last eight games against NL Central opponents following a loss.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games as home favorites after playing the previous day.
- The Twins have led after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four Sunday games as home favorites.
- The Twins have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three Sunday games as favorites.
Pirates Need a good start from Bido
On the mound for the Pirates will be Osvaldo Bido and he has been inconsistent heading into this game. In his last start against the Mets he went three innings giving up two hits and one run. Three starts ago against the Braves he went four innings giving up four hits and four runs. The Twins are averaging 4.43 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.07 runs per game. The offense is ranked 24th and they need to try and get to Kuechel early. If the offense is good they will find success.
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have lost each of their last nine games as underdogs against American League opponents following a win.
- The Pirates have failed to cover the run line in 11 of their last 12 games against American League opponents following a win.
- The Pirates have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four day games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Pirates have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four day games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Twins vs Pirates Facts
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for walks allowed this season (342).
- The Minnesota Twins are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks T5th in the league for triples this season (22).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks 26th in the league for batting average this season (.235).
Shane’s Free Pick
This could be the highest scoring game of the day and the Pirates might be the highest scoring team on Sunday. Keuchel has been awful this season and it’s going to be no different in this game. The Pirates are going to score at least eight or nine runs by themselves, and this game is going to be a shootout. Back the over to cash.