Atlanta Braves (78-42) vs San Francisco Giants (64-57)
Game Info: Friday, August 18, 2023 at 7:20 pm (Truist Park)
Spencer Strider (13-4) (3.75) vs Alex Cobb (6-4) (3.62)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves -200 / San Francisco Giants +182 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Southeast Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants and Atlanta Braves face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at SunTrust Park.
Braves Pitching is Elite
The Braves pitching is really hitting it’s stride coming into this game. The Braves sit with a 78-42 record overall and over their last two games against the New York Yankees they gave up zero runs total. On Wednesday Charlie Morton went six innings giving up four hits and zero runs. He had ten strikeouts, and the pitching has been impressive. The Braves are averaging 5.85 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.12 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st while the pitching is ranked 8th. On the mound for the Braves will be Spencer Strider who sits with a 13-4 record and an ERA of 3.75. In his last start against the Mets he went seven innings giving up three hits and zero runs.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have won each of their last nine home games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Braves have covered the run line in each of their last 11 games as favorites against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Braves have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games at Truist Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last five Friday night games against NL West opponents.
- The Braves have led after 7 innings in each of their last five games at Truist Park.
Giants Struggle against the Rays
The Giants really struggled against the Rays and they lost two of the three games. In the two losses the offense only managed three runs, and they need to find a way to get the offense going here. This is a team that looks like they can make some noise in the playoffs, but at times they also look like a team that could be shutout in the playoffs and the season ends early. The Giants are averaging 4.35 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th while the pitching is ranked 10th.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have won each of their last three games as underdogs against NL East opponents following a home loss.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against NL East opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six games against NL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last five games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six road games against NL East opponents.
Braves and Giants Facts
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (678).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for batting average this season (.274).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 29th in the league for steals this season (46).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 27th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1133).
Shane’s Free pick
Strider has been impressive this season and in his last start he gave up zero runs. The Giants bats have been ice cold heading into this game and they are going to really struggle again in this game. The Braves are going to give Strider enough run support here, and that is going to be the difference as the Braves are going to open up this series with a victory. Back the Braves on the money line.