Minnesota Twins (62-58) vs Detroit Tigers (53-65)
Game Info: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 1:10 pm (Target Field)
Kenta Maeda (3-7) (3.97) vs Reese Olson (2-5) (4.45)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -185 / Detroit Tigers +169 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Detroit Tigers and Minnesota Twins face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Target Field. On Tuesday it was the Twins that were able to secure the 5-3 victory.
Tigers Need This Series
Even if the Tigers were to win this series, it’s still going to be very hard to catch the Twins, but if they want any chance, this is a game they must win. In the last series against the Twins they were able to win three of four, and the pitching was good in that series. The Twins are averaging 3.95 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.8 runs per game. The offense is ranked 29th while the pitching is ranked 20th. On the mound for the Tigers will be Reese Olson who sits with a 2-5 record and an ERA of 4.45. In his last start against the Twins he was lights out going six innings giving up two hits and zero runs.
Tigers Betting Preview
- The Tigers have won six of their last eight games as road underdogs against American League opponents following a loss.
- The Tigers have covered the run line in each of their last four day games following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Tigers' last three games.
- The Tigers have led after 3 innings in each of their last four Wednesday day games as underdogs.
- The Tigers have led after 5 innings in five of their last six games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
Why are the Twins so Confusing?
In the last three series, the Twins have had two series wins, but the series loss was against the Tigers. In the last series against the Phillies the Twins won two of the three games and in the two wins the pitching gave up only one run. The Twins are averaging 4.4 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.08 runs per game. The offense is ranked 17th while the pitching is ranked 4th. Royce Lewis has been called back up, and that is a huge boost for the Twins offense. On Tuesday it was Matt Wallner that hit a grand slam. On the mound for the Twins will be Kenta Maeda who sits with a 3-7 record and an ERA of 3.97. In his last start against the Tigers he went six innings giving up three hits and one run.
Twins Betting Preview
- The Twins have won each of their last seven games at Target Field against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in 10 of their last 11 games against American League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Twins' last four games at Target Field.
- The Twins have trailed after 3 innings in eight of their last 10 games as favorites against AL Central opponents.
- The Twins have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against American League opponents.
Tigers and Twins Facts
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 3rd in the league for walks allowed this season (327).
- The Minnesota Twins are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and walks allowed this season.
- The Detroit Tigers ranks 29th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.374).
- The Detroit Tigers ranks 29th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.299).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a pitcher's duel. Olson was lights out in his last start, and Maeda has been good since coming back from injury. In his last start, he gave up only three hits and one run and the Tigers bats are going to really struggle in this game. This game is going to have only two or three runs scored total and this might be the easiest under on the game. Back the under to cash.