Orioles vs Padres Prediction - MLB Picks 8/15/23
San Diego Padres (56-62) vs Baltimore Orioles (73-45)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Petco Park)
Michael Wacha (8-2) (2.84) vs Jack Flaherty (8-7) (4.33)
Betting Odds: San Diego Padres -132 / Baltimore Orioles +121 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Baltimore Orioles and San Diego Padres face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Petco Park. On Monday it was the Orioles that were able to secure the 4-1 victory.
Padres Need This Season to End
The Padres continue to fold and they have lost two games in a row. On Sunday it looked like they could pull out a win, but they gave up three runs over the last three innings and that led to the defeat. The Padres are averaging 4.57 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 14th while the pitching is ranked 6th. Fernando Tatis Jr is dealing with a sore shoulder and although he’s hurt, it’s unclear if he’s going to have to be held out. On the mound for the Padres will be Michael Wacha who sits with an 8-2 record and an ERA of 2.84. In his last start against the Reds he went five innings giving up five hits and one run.
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres have lost each of their last seven games after playing the previous day.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games.
- The Padres have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four home games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Padres have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three home night games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Padres' last four home games against AL East opponents.
Orioles Look to be a Problem in the Playoffs
The Orioles faced off against the Seattle Mariners over the weekend and they won two of three games. The Orioles scored five runs on Sunday and that was enough for the two run victory. The Orioles are averaging 4.87 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.33 runs per game. Anthony Santander has hit 21 home runs and driven in 64 RBIs so far this season. On the mound for the Orioles will be Jack Flaherty who sits with an 8-7 record and an ERA of 4.33. Over his last two starts he has given up four runs total.
Orioles Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won five of the Orioles' last six games.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last 12 Tuesday night games as road underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have led after 3 innings in each of their last four games as road underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last four road games against National League opponents.
Padres vs Orioles Facts
- The San Diego Padres ranks 5th in the league for ERA this season (3.84).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 5th in the league for runs allowed this season (487).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks T6th in the league for RBI's this season (562).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks T7th in the league for strikeouts this season (1082).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a pitchers duel. Wacha and Flaherty have both been good heading into this game and they are both going to lockdown in this game. Especially the Padres offense I don’t trust and Flaherty is only going to give up a run or two. There will only be five or six runs scored total. Back the under to cash.