Mariners vs Royals Prediction - MLB Picks 8/15/23
Kansas City Royals (38-81) vs Seattle Mariners (63-54)
Game Info: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Ewing M. Kauffman Stadium)
Jordan Lyles (3-13) (5.98) vs Emerson Hancock (0-0) (1.80)
Betting Odds: Kansas City Royals +133 / Seattle Mariners -145 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Root NW Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Kansas City Royals face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Kaufmann Stadium. On Monday it was the Royals that were able to get the walk off.
Hancock Gets Another Shot
Emerson Hancock is going to get his second start of his MLB career and he looked good in his first start for the Mariners. In his first start against the San Diego Padres, he went five innings giving up two hits and one run. The Mariners were able to secure the 6-1 victory over the Padres in the game. If the season ended today the Mariners would be missing the playoffs, so every game is very important for them right now. On Monday the Mariners tied the game and took the lead in the top of the 9th, but the pitching in the bottom of the 9th let them down and they ended up losing. The Mariners are averaging 4.54 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.04 runs per game. The pitching overall is ranked 3rd in baseball and they need the pitching to be good here.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won four of the Mariners' last five games.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in each of their last five games following a road loss.
- The Mariners have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four Tuesday night games as road favorites.
- The Mariners have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games at Kauffman Stadium.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last three road games against AL Central opponents.
Why is Jordan Lyles Still Pitching?
Jordan Lyles is still starting from the Kansas City Royals and it’s confusing why he’s still starting. Lyles comes into this game with a 3-13 record overall and an ERA of 6.13. The Royals actually won his last start but he still gave up seven hits and four runs. He has given up two home runs over his last two starts. The Royals are averaging 3.95 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.29 runs per game. The offense is ranked 28th in the league while the pitching is also ranked 28th.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have won each of their last four games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Royals have covered the run line in each of their last nine home games.
- The Royals have led after 7 innings in each of their last five home games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Royals have led after 3 innings in each of their last five home games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Royals have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs.
Mariners vs Royals Facts
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for runs scored this season (477).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.300).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.71).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for walks allowed this season (306).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Mariners are going to have little issues in this game. Lyles has been awful this season and the Mariners bats are going to tee off on him here. Hancock gave up only one run in his first start and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Mariners are going to score six or seven runs at least, and the Royals aren’t going to score more than two runs. This is going to be a blowout victory. Back the Mariners -1.5 to cash here.