San Francisco Giants (63-55) vs Tampa Bay Rays (71-49)
Game Info: Monday, August 14, 2023 at 9:45 pm (Oracle Park)
vs Tyler Glasnow (5-3) (3.15)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants / Tampa Bay Rays --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Sun Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Rays and San Francisco Giants face off on Monday in an MLb showdown at Oracle Park.
Tyler Glasnow Continues to Impress
On the mound for the Rays will be Tyler Glasnow who sits with a 5-3 record and an ERA of 3.15. Over his last two starts he has gone 14 innings and given up five hits and two runs. If the Rays are going to find success in the playoffs, Glasnow is going to need to be lights out. The Rays sit with a 71-49 record overall but they are coming off a loss on Sunday. The Rays scored only two runs and that led to the seven run defeat. The Rays are averaging 5.17 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.01 runs per game. The offense is ranked 4th while the pitching is ranked 1st.
Rays Betting Trends
- The Rays have won six of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Rays have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games against National League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last five night games against National League opponents.
- The Rays have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
Giants Finally Winning After Losing Four Straight
The Giants had lost four straight games before they were finally able to secure a win on Sunday. It took two runs in the bottom of the tenth inning to secure the victory. Catcher Patrick Bailey was the star of the show hitting a walk off home run. The Giants are averaging 4.37 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.22 runs per game. The offense is ranked 18th while the pitching is ranked 10th. On the mound for the Giants will be Ryan Walker who sits with a 4-1 record and an ERA of 2.40.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost 11 of their last 12 home games against AL East opponents following a win.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 12 home games against AL East opponents following a home win.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Rays vs Giants Facts
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T28th in the league for triples this season (9).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 3rd in the league for home runs allowed this season (122).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 3rd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.233).
Shane’s Free Pick
Glasnow has been lights out this season and it’s going to be no different in this game. The Giants really struggled to score on Sunday, even though they were able to win, and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. This is going to be a very comfortable victory for the Giants. Back the Rays on the money line.