Diamondbacks vs Rockies Prediction - MLB Picks 8/14/23
Colorado Rockies (45-73) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (59-59)
Game Info: Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:40 pm (Coors Field)
Chris Flexen (1-5) (7.92) vs Merrill Kelly (9-5) (3.20)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies / Arizona Diamondbacks --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Coors Field.
Diamondbacks Picking Up Momentum
The Diamondbacks sit with a 59-59 record overall and they are finally picking up momentum. The Diamondbacks were really struggling for a couple of weeks, but they have won two games in a row. On Sunday The Diamondbacks scored three runs in the last three innings and that led to the victory. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.65 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.84 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th while the pitching is ranked 21st. In this game the offense needs to get the offense going early.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost each of their last six road games.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line each of their last six road games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 7 innings in each of their last eight Monday night games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last three games.
- The Diamondbacks have won the first inning in each of their last three night games against the Rockies.
Flexen has been Awful
On the mound for the Rockies will be Chris Flexen who sits with a 1-5 record and an ERA of 7.92. In his last start against the Milwaukee Brewers he went five innings giving up eight hits and five runs. The Rockies are averaging 4.23 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.75 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 29th. Ryan McMahon has hit 19 home runs and driven in 59 RBIs.
Rockies Betting Trends
- The Rockies have lost 13 of their last 14 games against NL West opponents following a road loss.
- The Rockies have failed to cover the run line in each of their last four night games against the Diamondbacks following a loss.
- The Rockies have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three games against National League opponents.
Diamondbacks vs Rockies Facts
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.281).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1134).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (913).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 25th in the league for ERA this season (4.64).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Rockies are going to really struggle in this game. Flexen has been awful and in his last start he gave up five runs. The Diamondbcks are averaging 4.65 runs and they are going to go over that number here. The Rockies aren’t going to keep up here, and this will be an easy victory for the Diamondbacks. Back the Diamondbacks -1.5 to cash here.