Yankees vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 8/13/23
Miami Marlins (61-57) vs New York Yankees (60-57)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 1:40 pm (loanDepot park)
Eury Perez (5-4) (2.79) vs Gerrit Cole (10-3) (2.75)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins +111 / New York Yankees -132 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: YES Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees and Miami Marlins face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Marlins Park.
Yankees Playing Themselves Out of Playoffs
The Yankees are trying to do everything in their power to play themselves out of the playoffs. On Saturday the Yankees offense only scored one run total and that led to the two run defeat. They gave up two runs in the 1st inning and they couldn’t bounce back. The Yankees are averaging 4.34 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.31 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th while the pitching is ranked 12th. On the mound for the Yankees will be Gerrit Cole who sits with a 10-3 record and an ERA of 3.75. In his last start against the Whtie Sox though he gave up five hits and four runs in seven innings.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have lost six of their last seven games as road favorites.
- The Yankees have covered the run line in each of their last four road games against National League opponents following a road loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last four day games against NL East opponents.
- The Yankees have trailed after 3 innings in five of their last seven games as road favorites.
- The Yankees have trailed after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as road favorites.
Marlins Heating Up Again
The Marlins are heating up again and they have won three of the last four games. On Saturday it was Sandy Alcantara that was lights out going nine innings and giving up only five hits and one run. The Marlins are averaging 4.05 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 26th while the pitching is ranked 15th. On the mound for the Marlins is Eury Perez who sits with a 5-4 record and an ERA of 2.79.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The Marlins have lost each of their last five games following a home win.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last four games as home underdogs against AL East opponents.
Yankees and Marlins Facts
- The Miami Marlins ranks 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.262).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 28th in the league for walks this season (305).
- The New York Yankees ranks 1st in the league for hits allowed this season (903).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for hits this season (891).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Yankees are going to work themselves out of the playoff race even more in this game. The White Sox gave up four runs in his last start and the Marlins are going to score enough off of him. Perez is also going to have another good start, and that is going to be the difference as the Marlins are going to get the job done. Back the Marlins to win this game. This is a strong play here.