Rangers vs Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 8/13/23
San Francisco Giants (62-54) vs Texas Rangers (69-47)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Oracle Park)
Logan Webb (9-9) (3.56) vs Dane Dunning (9-4) (3.21)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants -143 / Texas Rangers +121 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Oracle Park.
What Dane Dunning will we get?
Dane Dunning has been good this season, but they are going to need him to be elite here. Coming into this game he sits with a 9-4 records and an ERA of 3.21. Over Dunning’s last three starts he has given up seven runs total. The Rangers have a good offense, but in this game, it’s probably going to comedown to how well Dunning pitches. The Rangers are averaging 5.69 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.18 runs per game. Adolis Garcia has hit 29 home runs and driven in 89 RBIs.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won 10 of their last 11 games.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight road games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last three day games against National League opponents.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last five Sunday games against opponents that held a winning record.
Webb Continues to Impress
On the mound for the Giants will be Logan Webb who sits with a 9-9 record and an ERA of 3.98. Over his last two starts, Webb has given up three runs total. Webb at times hasn’t gotten run support, but he has been a real x-factor for this team. The Giants are averaging 4.39 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.19 runs per game. The pitching is ranked 9th and it’s going to need to be the pitching that is lights out here.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost three of their last four games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight day games against American League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven games against American League opponents.
Rangers vs Giants Facts
- The San Francisco Giants ranks T28th in the league for triples this season (9).
- The San Francisco Giants ranks 3rd in the league for home runs allowed this season (122).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for runs scored this season (670).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (643).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a pitchers duel. Danning has been good sitting with an ERA of 3.21 and Webb sits with a 3.98 ERA. I especially expect Webb is going to lockdown here. I expect only three or four runs total here, and this game is going to be an easy under bet. Back the under to cash here.