Guardians vs Rays Prediction - MLB Picks 8/13/23
Tampa Bay Rays (71-48) vs Cleveland Guardians (56-62)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 1:40 pm (Tropicana Field)
Zach Eflin (12-6) (3.34) vs Tanner Bibee (8-2) (2.92)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Rays -217 / Cleveland Guardians +181 --- Over/Under: 7 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Cleveland Guardians and Tampa Bay Rays face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Tropicana Field.
Guardians have Zero Confidence
The Guardians can’t have any type of confidence heading into this game. The Guardians have blown each of the two games of this series in the 9th inning, including on Saturday where they gave up three runs and ended up losing by a run. Emmanuel Clase was awful going 0.2 innings giving up four hits and three runs. For a team that is trying to make the playoffs they can’t keep blowing these games. On the mound for the Guardians will be Tanner Bibbee and he sits with an 8-2 record and an ERA of 2.92.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The Guardians have lost each of their last eight road games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Guardians' last six road games against American League opponents.
- The Guardians have led after 3 innings in each of their last three Sunday games as road underdogs.
- The Guardians have led after 7 innings in each of their last four Sunday games as road underdogs.
Rays Keep Battling
On the other side of this matchup is the Rays have kept battling the first two games of this series and that was enough for the victory. The rays are averaging 5.19 runs while their pitching is giving up 3.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 4th while the pitching is ranked 1st. On the mound for the Rays will be Zach Eflin who sits with a 12-6 record and an ERA of 3.34. Over his last two starts he has gone 13 innings and given up one run.
Rays Betting Trends
- The Rays have lost six of their last seven games as home favorites following a home win.
- The Rays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven home games following a home win.
- The Rays have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three home day games.
- The Rays have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last seven games at Tropicana Field.
Guardians vs Rays Facts
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (472).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 29th in the league for RBI's this season (444).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 2nd in the league for home runs allowed this season (120).
Shane's Free Pick
How can anyone trust the Guardians with the way they have blown the last two games. Bibbee has been good this season, but he’s going to get zero run support here. Eflin has given up only one run over his last two starts and he’s going to lockdown here. The Guardians will score one or maybe two runs all season. That isn’t going to be enough as the Rays are going to get the job done. Back the Rays on the money line.