Cubs vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 8/13/23
Toronto Blue Jays (65-54) vs Chicago Cubs (61-56)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 1:37 pm (Rogers Centre)
Hyun Jin Ryu (0-1) (4.00) vs Jameson Taillon (7-6) (5.08)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays -132 / Chicago Cubs +111 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Cubs and Toronto Blue Jays face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at the Rogers Centre. The Cubs have won the first two games of this series.
Cubs Offense has Impressed
The Cubs offense has looked pretty solid in the first two games of this series scoring 11 runs total. On Saturday they blew a lead, but one run in the top of the 9th was the difference as they secured the win. Dansby Swanson had one hit and three RBIs. The Cubs are averaging 5.07 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.46 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th while the pitching is ranked 16th. On the mound for the Cubs will be Jameson Taillion who sits with a 7-6 record and an ERA of 5.17.
Cubs Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won four of their last five games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Cubs have covered the run line in each of their last five road games against American League opponents.
- The Cubs have led after 5 innings in eight of their last 12 games as underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cubs' last five Sunday day games against AL East opponents.
Toronto Needs to Turn it around
The Blue Jays offense hasn’t been good enough the first two games of this series and that has led to defeats. In the first game of this series the Blue Jays scored only two runs total. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.45 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.0 runs per game. The offense is ranked 16th while the pitching is ranked 2nd. On the mound for the Blue Jays is Hyun Jin Ryu who sits an 0-1 record and an ERA of 4.00. In this game if Toronto wants to secure the win, they need to find a way to get the offense going against Taillion early.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost six of their last seven games as home favorites.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five games.
- The Blue Jays have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against NL Central opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last five day games at Rogers Centre.
Cubs vs Blue Jays Facts
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 3rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1115).
- The Toronto Blue Jays ranks 3rd in the league for runs allowed this season (477).
- The Chicago Cubs are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 5th in the league for runs scored this season (593).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Cubs have won the first two games of this series and it’s going to be no different in this game. The Blue Jays are going to really struggle to get the offense going against Taillion and that will be the difference as the Cubs are going to get the job done. Back the Cubs. I also believe this game is going to be lower scoring, and the under will cash. These are two of my favorite plays on the board.