Brewers vs White Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 8/13/23
Chicago White Sox (47-71) vs Milwaukee Brewers (64-54)
Game Info: Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 2:10 pm (Guaranteed Rate Field)
Dylan Cease (5-5) (4.42) vs Freddy Peralta (8-8) (4.28)
Betting Odds: Chicago White Sox +102 / Milwaukee Brewers -122 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Milwaukee Brewers will play the Chicago White Sox in Game 3 of their series on Sunday afternoon at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois. The Brewers have won the first two games in this series by scores of 7-6 and 3-2 and they are clinging to a slim lead in the NL Central. Chicago has had a terrible year, but they did win their last two series.
The Milwaukee Brewers are 64-54 this season and they have won four of their last five games. Prior to this series, Milwaukee won two out of three games at home against the Rockies. The Brewers offense has been inconsistent this year, but they have scored seven runs or more in three of their last five games. The Milwaukee pitching staff has a 4.03 ERA, a 1.22 WHIP, and a .234 opponent batting average this season. The Brewers offense has scored 506 runs with a .234 batting average and a .313 on base percentage. Christian Yelich is batting .289 with 16 home runs and 64 RBI’s for the Brewers. The projected starting pitcher for Milwaukee is Freddy Peralta, who is 8-8 with a 4.28 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP over 122.0 innings pitched this year.
White Sox Preview
The Chicago White Sox are 47-71 this season and they have lost three of their last four games. Chicago came into this series with some momentum, as they won their last two series against the Yankees and Guardians. The White Sox are fourth in the AL Central and they are looking towards next year. The Chicago pitching staff has a 4.57 ERA, a 1.38 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average this year. The White Sox offense has scored 487 runs with a .237 batting average and a .295 on base percentage. Luis Robert is batting .271 with 31 home runs and 65 RBI’s for the White Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Chicago is Dylan Cease, who is 5-5 with a 4.42 ERA and a 1.41 WHIP over 126.1 innings pitched this season.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have lost each of their last 10 games as home underdogs against National League opponents following a loss.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in seven of the last eight games between the Brewers and White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last six Sunday games at Guaranteed Rate Field.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games as home underdogs against National League opponents.
- The White Sox have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as home underdogs.
Milwaukee Brewers Team Facts
- The Brewers have lost five of their last seven games as favorites following a win.
- The Brewers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as favorites following a win.
- The Brewers have led after 3 innings in each of their last eight Sunday games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Brewers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as road favorites against American League opponents.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Luis Robert has hit a home run in each of the White Sox's last two day games against NL opponents that held a winning record.
- Yoan Moncada has recorded an RBI in each of the White Sox's last three games against opponents that held a winning record.
- Luis Robert has scored at least one run in four of his last five appearances at Guaranteed Rate Field against NL Central opponents that held a winning record.
- Dylan Cease has recorded seven or more strikeouts in seven of his last eight home appearances against NL opponents.
- Yoan Moncada has recorded at least one hit in each of the White Sox's last seven home games against the Brewers.
- Yoan Moncada has recorded at least one total base in each of the White Sox's last seven home games against the Brewers.
- Luis Robert ranks 6th amongst qualified players for Slugging Percentage (.563) this season.
Milwaukee Brewers Player Prop Facts
- Willy Adames has hit a home run in five of his last 13 appearances with his team as a road favorite against AL Central opponents.
- William Contreras has recorded at least one RBI in six of the Brewers' last seven road games.
- Joey Wiemer has recorded a hit in each of his last six road appearances.
- Christian Yelich has recorded two or more total bases in seven of his last eight appearances in day games against teams that held a losing record.
- Freddy Peralta has recorded eight or more strikeouts in three of his last four appearances against opponents that held a losing record.
- Christian Yelich has scored at least one run in each of the Brewers' last six Sunday games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (466).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1113).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.379).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 4th in the league for walks this season (418).
Milwaukee comes into this game looking for the sweep in this series and they are 31-27 on the road this year. The Brewers have pitched fairly well this year, but their offense has let them down in more than a few games. Milwaukee is starting Freddy Peralta, who has allowed four earned runs in his last 19 innings. The White Sox are starting Dylan Cease, who has allowed 11 earned runs in his last 12.2 innings of work. Cease did pitch well in his last start against the Yankees, going 5.1 innings of scoreless baseball. I am going to back the White Sox with Cease on the mound here.